Audrey's skeletons - Part 2

Audrey's P.O.VSitting alone in this apartment has never been harder. He just left. He fucking walked up, slammed the door and left. See why I didn't want to tell him?I fidget in my seat trying to keep myself distracted. At least it was some kind of consolation knowing he had gone to Jace and not drowned himself in a bottle of alcohol. The long awaited moment finally comes. The front door opens.He walks straight to the couch and sits. -I'm going to sit here and you're going to talk. I will listen to what you have to say. I...think I can do that...-He speaks, torn between wanting and not wanting to be with me in the same room.-Okay...-I say insecurely as I sit across from him.-Are you married? - His question hides angry, disappointed tones.I don't know whether to get angry at his assumption or empathize his doubt.-I was...-Divorced than. -He assumes, shaking his head -That's where all the lectures about married life came from. -No Drew...widowed...-I whisper, my voice breaking.The look in his eyes tells me this conversation just took another direction. He gets up and walks to me, sitting beside me. His eyes hold an emotion I can't really read right now.-I'm so sorry...Oh my God I'm such an asshole! I just went on and assumed...-You couldn't have known.I sigh devastated, but keep going. He deserves to know the truth.-About three years ago...My husband passed away in an accident. We met about eight years ago through a mutual friend. We were so fucking different, but yet we just...clicked?Drew nods, listening patiently, not interrupting me. I needed to get everything off my chest.-He was a twenty year old boy that fell in love. We hit it off immediately. Then eventually met the parents, and moved in together and then things just you know...went normally. We eventually decided to get married and I was so fucking happy and sure about it.He puts his hand on my shoulder to give me courage to go on.-Then, something happened, I don't really know, and he was let off his job. He kind of, I don't know, grew vulnerable. I had to be the stronger one, telling him we'd find another way around to fix it. The household situation was hanging by a thread. Financial situations tend to be shitty in my country, you know, low wages and shit...He nodded in understanding.-So, I...the baby came along. Ian. His name is Ian and he is four years old.Drew closes his eyes breathing in all I had said.-You named him Ian...-Yeah...so, um, my husband was unemployed, we had a little child and I was the only one working. It got more and more difficult each day and the fighting started. I'd go out all day and work my ass off to provide for the family and then I'd get back home and find him just, you know, chilling there...-I...I truly don't know what to say. I don't think anything is of consolation...-Just you being here and listening to me is enough...-How did he...um...-Die? -I mean, if it's not hard for you to share. Please take your time...- He scratches his throat, the thumping of his heart relaxing my nerves.-In a car accident. We were there too. Me and Ian.-Oh my God!-Yeah...I...it's hard for me to open up about it...-It's ok baby! – He soothes me and kisses my head.-I can't help the guilt Drew...It just can't seem to go away...Drew's P.O.VI couldn't fucking sleep after she shared her story with me. It was almost sunrise. I stood there by her door and watched her sleep. She's had it rough. I admire her for pulling herself together like that. She's been fucking babysitting me for Christ's sake, while she had a whole shitload of problems on her back. A passed husband, probably a ton of financial issues and what's more important, a child crying for his mom, while she was playing house and taking care of a fucking thirty year old man that was acting like a child on his own will.I decide what was right in my mind to do and head outside. I'll be there for Audrey like she was for me. I want to be there for her...