Do you know what that means for us?

**Audrey's P.O.V**I stiffen at his closeness. He's pressed flush against me, enveloping me in his arms and I can feel his breath on the crook of my neck. Oh come on Drew, I'm trying to fucking fight here, yet you go on and tempt me like that. Not to mention he's purposely distracting me to avoid talking about the drinking.-Umm...Drew...you're hanging like a backpack...-I say the lamest thing I can come up with.-I'm a comfy backpack. - He smiles, and I know that even though I'm not looking, cause I can feel his lips on my neck.-What do you think you're doing? - my voice comes out almost a whisper.-Why seducing you, of course...-he says huskily.His lips gently caressing the side of my neck, behind my ear, then in a swift motion he shifts his hands and spins me around so that I am facing him now.My breathing is unstable and each time I take a shallow breath my breast presses to his chest. His gaze pins me in place and I don't think I'm capable of forming any proper words right now.-You know, It's been over a month that I've been giving you a chance to come to me and talk about it, but my patience is running kinda thin, sweetheart. - He says in a deep low voice.-To talk about...-Us...-he answers my unfinished question in a 'duh!' way.-Drew, there's no us. - I try to keep my answers short, 'cause I know my voice might give me away.-I'd like there to be. - he says flat.My heart starts beating like crazy. I mean, of course I'm attracted to him, I've always been attracted to him and that's kind of obvious sometimes, but I'm trying to push it away. Physical attraction happens all the time, right? It doesn't mean we have to always quench it.-Audrey? - He lifts my chin. - I'm talking to you.-I..I don't know what to say, really. I've been meaning to, you know, have the talk, but, I think you becoming sober and mentally stable is a priority so...-I am sober. And mentally stable...thanks to you!-Don't flatter yourself yet. What you can do though, is talk to me.He sighs, releases me and then goes to take a cigarette. I can finally breathe.-I was tempted today. – he admits lowering his head.-Thank you for sharing that. Do you want to talk about what caused it?He seems to take his time and think about it.-I told you I was gonna meet with my buddy Ash. Well, he had a glass of wine and having the bottle on the table like that...it fucking felt like it was put in display for me to reach out and have a little taste.-And what made you resist? Have you found your anchor yet?-Bet your ass I have! I looked at the bottle for what I think was a good while and then I thought about you kicking my ass if I showed up drunk. – He winks trying to laugh his discomfort away.I laugh at his choice of words, though can't help but feel flattered about it. He joins me in a hearty laugh, but suddenly stops.-Then it happened again at the grocery store.-Oh...Do you want me to do the grocery next time?-No, no, it's not that. Come on! It's about time I put my big boy's pants on. I can't just lay back and watch you tear yourself to shreds for me.I nod in comprehension. I know he feels awkward about living here under my care and wants to pay me up anyway that he can. ******The next day I got a weird call from Jace, who asked me if we could meet up for coffee. I shook the concerning thoughts away and walked into the coffee shop.-Hey, Lovey! – He greets me with a smile that made my stomach knot. That smile was bitter trying to pass as sweet.-Please don't sugarcoat it. What's wrong? – I take my seat and challenge him, giving him a chance to put his words together.-I forget how bossy you can get. -I can, so spill!-Well, you see...I was the first one from the band to start the sobriety journey and I know firsthand how challenging that can be. It has the good days and the bad ones.-Where are you going with this Jace?-We had a fight with Drew today. He was, in a bad place I guess. Like I said, there are bad days. And well, lately, they are the most days for our band. What is kind of stitching us back together was you showing up. -I still don't see the point in this.-Sorry, you're right. What I wanted to say is that we have been barely functioning together lately. Mostly it's because of Drew acting like an asshole and ghosting on us. Today he showed up pissed already, then got even angrier when we suggested some changes to the lyrics and he finally dropped the bomb...that he's been offered a solo career. Do you know what that means for us?My head automatically drops on my hands. The struggles aside, Drew can be a real piece of wonder, when he sets his mind to. -I'm sorry to hear about it Jace. I can't tell you that I'm surprised about that information, because I already knew, but what I can reassure you is that Drew never planned on doing that. In the heat of the moment he has chosen the wrong means to share it with you, but I know he doesn't mean it like that. I promise! I'm not defending him, because you know I love you all and this band feels like my family too, but we both know the asshole he can become in the blink of an eye.He exhales but still nods.-Can you like, casually check on him? I'm worried he might do something stupid. They boys are still mad, but I, like I said, can relate to him. I've gone through this before.-Yes Jace, thank you! I will try to call him now.-He said he was heading home, but I'm not so sure about that...I thank Jace and give him a tight reassuring hug. I was not putting Drew above the others. When things became band related, I loved them all and the sibling feeling was mutual. I wanted to help them out.I head home, since Drew was not answering his phone. The front door is unlocked and slightly open.-Drew? – I call out but no response whatsoever comes from inside.I walk silently into the living room and almost fall on my face when I step on something on the floor. I look at the empty glass bottle and get up instantly screaming Drew's name and checking the rooms. I almost have a heart attack at the view I find in the bathroom.