SULTAN OF KABUL

I heard couple of giggles coming from Lady Sulochana's courtyard. I was dressed in a yellow navari and diamond jewellery. Now I must complete the Royal Decree Maharaj gave me this morning. Chanchala's expression will be worth looking. Lady Sulochana and Lady Harika are sitting there gossiping and giggling like small girls. Playing with the babies. Lady Harika is Advisor Sudhir's wife. "Yurani." They stood as I neared them. I acknowledged them with a smile.

"Lady Harika and Lady Sulochana thank god I meet you both here. I need your help." I said as I took the baby girl from Lady Harika.
"Is it about the decree Maharaj issued this morning ?" She asked.
"Yes" I said and explained them my plan.
"Yurani. The other palace ladies will give up without any hesitation but I don't think Her Highness will agree." Hesitation is clearly written on Harika's face.
"Leave that to me." I smiled a evil smile. "Let's head to Rose garden then. All ladies will be there with Her Highness." We raised and walked towards the Rose garden.

It's been a long time I came here. Entire garden was made up of rose's of different colours red, pink, white, yellow, blue and black. Their beauty is etheral. Chanchala is sitting on a high podium surrounded by her maids and other ladies of ministers and advisors. They looked deep in discussion.

"Her Highness. There is a imperial decree issued for you and rest of the ladies." I said refusing to bend my eyes.
"Alekhya shouldn't you bow infront of your mother." My Aunt Urvashi said. To make fun of me obviously.
"That is Yurani for you. And my mother died a long time ago. She is no mother of me. And as for bowing shouldn't you and other ladies should bow to me as Yurani. I came here to dectate Royal Decree Urvashi. Look like someone has forgotten to teach you etiquettes. Isn't I am right Her Highness." I said to her. Others are looking at me with their mouths hanging open. They all immediately bowed. That Chanchala had no choice but to kneel in front of Royal Decree. Her jaw was set. At one point I thought her teeths might break. I read the Royal Decree.

"Do His Highness don't have enough gold in his treasure that he is asking to me." She said with a smirk after I read the Decree. She had no respect for Maharaj. Other ladies started muttering among themselves. This is a disrespect.
"A Royal Decree is a Royal Decree. You can't disobey it." I said in a stern voice.
"So the mute got the tongue. Look like someone must show you your place Yurani. It is below Maharani Chanchala." Her main maid said with a smirk. Other maids giggled at her comment.
"Karna" I called my bodyguard. Within a second he was beside me. "You can't even protect yourself. And want to stand against our Maharani." More giggles. Oh God this is irritating.
"What is the punishment for disrespecting Yurani and threatening her ?" I asked in a calm tone. Like I don't care about them.
"Death. Yurani." He said looking towards the maids. Maybe thinking who pissed me of now. More giggles.
"Throw them all in blood prison and whip them to death." I said motioning towards the maids. All the ladies gasped.
"You insolent brat." Urvashi said as raised her hand to slap me. I caught it in mid air and twisted it behind her back.

"I am just teaching the maids a little lesson Urvashi. If anyone disrespected her highness won't she punish them the same way I did." I said in a innocent voice as if I had not sentenced nearly 15 maids death.
"You are going overboard Alekhya." Chanchala shouted her voice filled with anger and hatred.

"Who is going overboard Chanchala ?" My father's voice thundered in background. Take that bitch. I secretly asked him to come to inspect if the decree is implementing correctly or not. Now she is trapped in her own game. Let's see how see handle this situation. First disrespecting royal decree and then not discipling her maids. It's going to be interesting exchange.

"Nothing Your Highness." She stammered. "A kind announcement for everyone in the palace. Princess Alekhya's position is equal to that of Yuvraj's*. Any desrespect to her is considered as disrespect to me. Is that understood ?" He asked in a questioning tone. Only an idiot will tell no.