POISONING

ALEKHYA

I groaned as mid day sunlight hit my face. "How much long I am out ?" I asked to the shadow sitting beside my bed. Karan. "Not more. You woke up within 2 pahar. Imperial healer predicted you will be out till evening. I nodded as he closed the curtains blocking off the sunlight. He help me sit up and gave me a glass of water. It soothed down my burning throat. "I think my healing process is higher." I said leaning back into the pillows. The chamber is cool enough to need blanket. "You look too calm for the ruskus." Karan asked. I frowned. "What happened ?" I asked him warily.

"What is the last thing you remember Yurani ?" He asked in shock. I rubbed my forehead. Bits of information came into my mind. "Nothing much. Everyone bowed and Nevarkars in blood dungeons. And Ayudhik is head of Dalpatdargh battle. Or so I think. A big junks of information and memories are missing." He slapped his palm on his forehead before nodding his disapproval. "Don't you think you should have immediately came back for healing your wounds instead of sitting there on podium." I heard the sharp voice of my father behind the curtains. He strode forward as he sat near my bed on corner. Karan is staring at us wide eyed. Probably worring what the fuck was going on.

"You announced Ayudhik as Rajkumar and future monarch of Dalpatdargh. Didn't you ?" It suddenly clicked in my mind after finding the slight guilty look in Maharaj's eyes. "Just great. What are you still waiting for ? Go prepare armies and militia. Not even a proper month had passed an another war on our head. Great. If the environment over capital is calm even now I am damn sure entire countryside is overflowing with stupid rumors and hysterical masses. Just freaking great. Why not add that you indirectly exiled him out of kingdom to the already overflowing mess." I don't have a single ounce of respect for him. If he want to execute me for impudence let me see how he do that.

"You should be resting." He asked nearly pleading. "I will after this fucking battle. I can't rest with the ongoing shit. KARAN either you are marring that damn girl of yours or I am freaking executing you. I am done with that lovelorn look of yours." I shouted at him. Both of them flinched away. "She that... " He tried to say something. "We don't care about the social statutes here. You know that Karan." He nodded respectfully. "Then go and get her." He practically scolded him. He ran out of chambers burning in embracement or blussing. I can't tell apart. "Is it really necessary to screw over everything ???" I questioned him in a calm tone.

"Yes it is. Listen Alekhya I know I am wrong I did terrible things none of you deserve. I just want to repent on them. I am trying.... I don't know what to do ..... How to do...." He said looking down in shame and guilt. I patted his shoulder softly and tried to give him a smile which I think I considerably failed. He holler up laughing I heard a faint chuckle to find Ayudhik standing a bit far away. He came and slept with his head on lap or more exact the pillows that lie on my lap. I am damned sure Sulochana ji will have a coronary if she saw me like this with my brother's head on my lap and me in my training cloths without giving a ounce of respect to our Maharaj.

She has been trying to teach me virtues and responsibilities of a proper lady and wife but except cooking I didn't gave a single moment of attention to other lessons. At last she fed up and gave up but not before giving me four volumes of books which speak about being a perfect women. I have a temping urge to burn them but they are given by Sulochana ji. She even once chastised Maharaj over eating etiquettes. A thumbs up to her courage by the way. After my reincarnated I had felt as if the people around me had changed a bit. They have the things they lacked in my past life. My life had become to hectic. I still hadn't touched the book my mother left behind. I have no idea what mystery and headache it holds.

I was brought out my thought process as Ayudhik shook me violently. "What ?" I asked him slightly dizzy. "I asked you about the intelligence bureau but you didn't replied." He huffled. "My mind is elsewhere. Let's go to war room. We can discuss on way." I said getting up from bed. Maharaj and Ayudhik were on their feets instantly. But as I stood a sharp wave of dizzyness hit me out of nowhere. I felt a cold and hot feeling spread through my limbs. My head feels like floating. "Agrani dragon poison." I said instantly. "Alekhya are you alright." I heard a worried voice of Maharaj. "That rascal Bhushan. He definetly drenched the tiger's claws in Agrani Dragon poison. Ask Imperial Healer to bring my sachet I have the cure in it." I said as I coughed blood.