SCARS

ALEKHYA

Somehow I reached the entrance of one of the secret passage. I signed and entered it. My entire body is aching. Luckily I have some miraclous healing slaves with me which can heal me not completely but enough that I can work normally overnight. I quietly entered my mother's palace. SANGIT MAHAL. It is made up of white and red marble. The rubies and gems which are embedded are considered to be finest at that time. Which is 12 years back. The chandelier are sparsely lighted. After her death it never fall under negligence. My father appointed staff to take care of it. My mother's most trusted maid Reteka take care of it at present. She is somewhere in her late twenties. Even after years it retarn it's form but lost its shine my mother. She took her last breaths in father's palace in their room. She is helping my father get ready when she collapsed. He settled her on the bed and shouted for healer. But her condition is already worsen. I was 6 at that time. I only remembered when they told me that my mother can no longer talk to me, no longer see me. I cried my eyes out for nearly 3 months. She took her last breaths as the sun set.

I removed my clothes and bandages. I saw a dark blue ring with Jai's symbol on it. I had no idea when he slipped it in my finger. I kept it on as I walked down the steps of bathhouse. It is larger than mine or any other bathouse in the fort except my father's offcourse. He is a king. I looked down at my reflection. My entire back was mared with lashings, knifes and other weapons used for torture. The only undamaged parts are my visible one. Means my hands, face and foots are unscathed. But I have a scar which is running down my right eyebrow. I remember I got it in fight with Senapati. Unlike others I treat them with respect. They show who I am. A survivor, a girl who broke the paterical society and stood against norms. They dectate who I am. What I can do or what I have done.

Suddenly my thoughts went to Jaivardhan. How will he see me. Will he see me like a freak or will he respect me. He didn't gave me any indications of his future actions. He is obvious of my scars. He saw it I just know it. But he didn't talked about it why? What are his motives? Do he want to use me as a bait and get the throne of Devgiri. He has a glint in his eyes which attracts me. But in every way I must stay clear of his way. I don't want to became the princess I was before. Too silent and submissive. People died because of my negligence. I had taken this rebirth to protect the innocent and my vengeance. A faritale love story where a prince will come to protect me is not in my life. I have to be my own prince who should protect myself from the clunches of the world and punish the evildoers. A pure soul like my past self have no place in this greedy and evil world.

The only place here is for the people who play dirty and tramp the people who oppose them. I had oathed for vengeance and it had not ended just started. My real enemies are not Pratap and Chanchala but the greedy people who want to snatch away the artefact. My instincts tells me a lot of people had lied their lives for it. And somehow my life's entire mystery from my mother to my rebirth is connected with it. And I am hell bend on solving it. My mother also said about some kind of prophecy. But first I must solve the crises at court and then I will read the book. I determined as I dried myself and put the slaves on the wounds I can reach. And slept on my mother's bed.

I got up at the break of dawn rubbing my eyes. I slept for too long nearly 3 and half pahar. It is one of the most comfortable sleep I got till now partly due to the medicines. I did my morning routine and wore one of my mother's dresses. This were the one she brought from her maternal home and suppose to be mine when time came. I tied the heavily embroidered royal blue lehanga with silver working and silver blouse. My chunri is same colour as mine lehenga but with golden work. Luckily the blouse had only one string and I tied it successfully. I took my time to dry my beyond waist hair. I tied them in a loose bun. I wore each and jewellery item carefully. Gold armlets, bangles, anklets, waistband, three necklaces, my finger rings and lastly single bali (headpiece). When I was satisfied with my getup. I took my black sword. Which at last thought I hidden in one of the secret chamber. I calmly sat down and eat fruits which I stored away. A girl can't work hungry stomach. I finished my little breakfast. And before marching towards the court took a last look at the mirror. Redid my kajal and walked out of chamber.