BATTLEFIELD TO BLOODFIELD

YURANI ALEKHYA

My eyes locked on the target as I arched the strings of my bow. With a swift sound it logged into enemy senapati's chest. A smile made into my face as I saw a soilder taking the letter on arrow to the king. I looked sideways to Devant ji and Virat who accompanied me. They shared my smile. It didn't took much effort to find out the patrolling schedule of Dalpatdargh. As soon as Senapati came for checking the gaurds a pahar before dawn we thought it's as best moment to invite them for war. I nodded and went back to battlefield not before firing other arrows randomly at the walls.

"The message is delivered." I replied to Ayudhik with a smirk. We are arranged in arrow formation Ayudhik at head, Karan at left and Maharaj at right. I picked up center from where I can keep a eye of entire formation and send support when ever necessary. He nodded. "Let's hope that coward show up." Karan joked as the army roared up laughing. A old tactic to reduce pressure on army. The sun had yet to raise who know how many of us can see the sunset. I had strategically added white spots on Tejas's paws and ears so no one recognises him. Not that they had seen him. Just a caution on my side.

I looked towards east as the sun rays became evident over the high valley. I smirked as I heard the hoods of horses and footmen approaching. I heard a deep counch sound from Virat as he signeled the arrival of enemy troops. I smiled as I blown air into my counch in harmony with Maharaj, Ayudhik and other warriors. The symphony of war as Maharaj and Kartik ji call it jokingly. The perfect melody, the song of war and destruction. My heart was bursting with a gildy feeling as the opposite side replied our song followed by the clashes of swords and screams of injured along with the roars of har har mahadev, jai maa bhavani.

I saw a sickly pleasure in Ayudhik's eyes as his sword passed through the prince of Dalpatdargh leading the war. The field filled with roars and battlecries of 'Har har Mahadev' of battalion lead by Karan, 'Jai maa Bhanvi' by Maharaj. "Akraman" I heard from enemy troops. Virat signeled that they are gonna use long ranged weapons. I smirked. At third wishel I roar "Pravina" to the back of the army. I smiled as huge mirrors which I had hidden in forest are rotated such that the light from sun is directly soon in the major weak points of Dalpatdargh army's snake formation. They looked shocked at my preparation.

Perks of being a genius. I smiled imaging the faces of that rascals. As the sun will raise the intensity of sun will increase blinding them. The most disadvantage will be that their animals will go histerics. Tramping over their own troops. I had strategically adjusted it such that the light is soon directly on eyes of troops situated backside which are main difficult nut to crack. From my location it's hard to see what going on on the otherside but I know it's not pretty. But suddenly a howl of pain drawn my attention away as I looked towards the figure clunching its side of stomach.

VIRAT heir of Sangle family

I was stunned by looking the mind-blowing clash going on on ground. I have the urge to join them on ground level but I have a important work up here. To signel them what's going on where. I was mesmerized by the art of war. It looked like a beautiful painting which is being painted by crimson of blood by warriors writing their own legacy and legend. The stories of their valour and sacrifice to be converted into songs and sang to coming generations. Today they will sacrifice themselves, their families only to become immortal in our memories. I hope I become one of them someday.

The battle is wild and crazy. It is difficult to keep up with things. Maharaj are well fighting alongside Devant ji busy in defeating the warriors of Dalpatdargh who are stopping them from breaching the barrier between Dalpatdargh and Devgiri. Ayudhik looked like he is bored. Already 3 of 4 princes meet death by his hands and other one along with Virendra are hiding behind the thick barrier. Cowards. I spatted in their direction. They are too coward to come out of their vanguard. I can't believe that people support this kind of despicable jerks who value themselves more than the people fighting their wars.