WATERFALL

RUDRA PRATAP

The lunch was calm and pleasant and I sticked to fruits and the vegetables. Apparently Duchess to has a vegetarian diet so Daneil asked to prepare same for me. After we had lunch Ariana and Elani ran off to somewhere and Nathaniel went to the barracks and Daneil said he had work to do. So overall I am alone and bored. Suddenly something clicked into my mind and I went to stables. "If lord Daneil asked about me tell him I went for a walk." I said to the butler and ran off to towards the city.

It is really marvelous. I thought as I looked at the small houses with bright colours made up of wood and bricks not mud and stone like in our kingdom. Some are two story but most are one. The marketplace is bustling with activities. I smiled at the children playing tag around the small fountain in middle of square. People are all throwing curious glances towards me. Of course in a country where mostly everyone has light complexion I look a bit out of place but they probably dismissed me thinking like I am a merchant or traveller. As I am slowly walking around in city I looked at a tailor's shop.

I stopped Tejas there and looked at the cloths hanging outside. If the designer owned the shop then he or she is quite talented. I thought as I entered it the bells chiming at my arrival. "Why did you followed us here ??" I heard a shocked voice of Lady Elani. I looked at them in astonishment. "I don't know you are here your highness. I came looking fir a tailor to get my winter wear ready. I don't know you are here." I said and tried to exit but a small hand caught me. "Sorry I didn't meant to sound rude. It's just that my brother treat me like a toddler. And call me Elani not Your Highness. I hate when someone does that ?" She looked at me apologizing.

"Ok. Yo.... Elani." I said as she smiled and skipped her way to a couch in middle and shouted "Alice... You have a guest. A customer to be exact." She shouted at full volume making me wanting to close my ears. I winced as a young girl at of early twenty came out stumbling over fabrics. "Elani. What happened??" I saw as a freaked out Ariana came out. "What happened ?"  Looking around. "Rudra came looking for winter cloths." I can saw Ariana strike her forehead with her palm.

"You are crazy." Alice said as she got up with the help of Ariana. "Do you have any preferences for your cloths Mr...." Alice trailed off. "Pratap. Rudra Pratap. And I have no preferences. Prepare them as you wish." She looked at me confused. "Alice you got a order for cloths from brother right. Just prepare half of that number and a winter ball outfit for him." Elani said. "Are you sure ?" She asked arching her eyebrows. "Do as she said." I said as she looked at me in disbelief. "That will be 20 gold coins and 14 silver..." She said clearing her throat. I think she almost fainted when I put a bag filled with gold coins in her counter.

"That is too much." She said seeing the bag. She said as she weighted the bag. I just shrugged. "Let me take your measurements." She said as I we went inside and she took my measurements. She tried to start a conversation but I didn't responded. As I was coming out I saw a pretty dress hanging on a mannequin inside a dark room. It's a Indian dress combined with the western tradition. The chunri is made up of red wool and the upper layer of skirt is made up of silk and inner one of wool to keep the wearer warm and comfortable. It's plain and simple. The blouse is of golden colour with open back. I liked it on first sight.

"How much for the dress ??" I asked Alice who looked at me in suprise. "What you will do with a dress made for ladies ?" She asked lifting her eyebrows questioning. "A gift for someone I like." I said looking back at the dress. "Any alterations ?" She asked dismissing her doubts. "No. It's perfect." I said. "What's the cost by the way ??" I asked her. "The money you gave is more than enough. I will ready it perfectly and send to the manor with your cloths till the end of next week." She said as we both came out. Ariana and Elani waiting for us. "Come I will show you the city." Elani said dragging me out. Waving back at Alice.