ARRIVAL TO LECCE

RUDRA PRATAP

"What is your mother's name.....?" My face shown irritation as Robert asked me another question. "Chitra." I said as I remembered her name from my dreams. Luckily in Bharatvarsha royals have more than one name. I told my father's name as Vedant and Ayudhik's as Kumar. God bless the person who figured out this tactics or I would have gone mad by this question session. Apparently they put a bet who can figure out my real identity. He opened his mouth ask one more question. "One more question Robert you will find yourself swiming alongside fishes...." I said at last irritated by his stupid repeated questions.

I heard a familiar laugh from behind. "Robert please stop bothering that kid over your stupid bet." Daniel said chuckling. Robert pouted like a child and exited the deck. "So where are you going to stay in Lecce ?" He asked as we both looked towards the horizon of sea. It's still before dawn. I can see the light orange hue trying to overpower the dark violet of night sky. "I don't know ?" I said as I returned my attention back to horizon. The ship is bustling with activities. Everyone is wide awake and alert. Getting ready to go back to their homes.

"Whom do you have to meet ?" He asked the most useful question. "Duchess Amrita Rodriguez. She is a old acquaintance of my mother or so as per my mother mentioned in her letter." I replied nonchalantly as my gaze turned back to slowly brightening sky. The birds are flying over our heads in perfect V formation. The looked at me in shock. "What is she to her and why didn't you told me before ????????" He asked alarmed. "You didn't asked ?" I said uninterested. Completely ignoring the first question.

"We will reach mainland by less than 2 hours." He said as a faint outline of land came into view. "So that's Lecce." I murmured. "Yes my dear friend. It's my fatherland LECCE." He said with nostalgia. "I should go back to my cabin and get the royal clothing. Arthur is Dan ready." He asked Arthur who is carrying few loads. "Simon is with horses my lord." He said back. "Why don't you come with me to my manor ?" He invited me. "Why not." I replied back as he smiled and went back to his cabin. My gaze turned back to the horizon as I heard another rustling of cloths behind me.

"Lady Ariana." I said as I turned back to the young lady in her late teens. She is short just 5'4" with her blond hair in neat bun and a cap perched on the other side. Her skirt is of deep blue colour with white markings in it. She gave me a smile. Apart from Daniel she is the another one with whom I used to talk. "How does it feel to be in a forgein land ?" She asked me in her unique accent which I sometimes have trouble understanding. She somewhere from Rome or Sicily. "Strange. But sometimes we are strangers in our own homes aren't we ?" I asked her. She signed. "Can't you loosen up a bit. Enjoy the life god blessed you with ?" She said annoyed by my philosophy.

She really, really hated when I wrap things around my fingers or sat her something complex than her understandings. "Someone like me is aren't allowed to loosen up Ariana. If everyone loosen up the only thing on earth will be left are rats feeding on corpses." I said back. Doing the waste attempt to put something past her thick skull. "Ahhhhhhh......" She said in anger and went away stomping her foot like a kid throwing tantarums. When ever we get in a argument and I win she throws a tantrum and goes away and I always win. I returned to my watch on horizon.

"Wow. He is amazing." Ariana said as our horses are brought out. Her's is a white mare with grey marking. She is quite unique I should say. "He is more lean than other but he is all muscles. His legs are powerful. Along with his strong back." Daneil said as I climbed over Tejas and gave him a pat. Daniel is in his royal clothings which consist of a royal blue shirt over which is his marron colour coat and cream colour breeches and high boots till his knees. His coat has symbol of his house. House of Rodriguez. I had quite similar outfit but mine is in navy blue and cream.