KABUL

‡‡TRIBLE UPDATE‡‡

YURANI ALEKHYA

Finally here. I said as I looked towards the high walls and domes. The entire palace is constructed such that it ward off the burning hot winds and heat of desserts. I passed through Ujjaini and then throught the Himalayan passes. I then came here through Peshawar route. Although silk route will have been much more easier but I doubted that Rudradev had kept his spies on that way to find where I am actually traveling. Do that the journey which should take only 30 days took almost 46 days. I hope to ask Sultan Rafiq to some how send me to Lecce.

But before reaching there I much learn the language spoke there. Groke or more commonly Greek. That is gonna be a real headache. I signed as I walked in the line of people waiting for going inside the capital. The security is not bad. "State your name and reason of visit and also from where you are ?" The gaurd asked. Without doing anything I shown him a pass Begum Junan gave me last time for visit. "You can pass." He said. I swiftly put it back into my pocket. And entired the capital. I spent my entire morning traveling through the capital looking at the architecture. The most common being the huge domes and minars.

Ladies are travelling in groups their faces covered with veils. The men in turbans. My dress and get up doesn't look out of place. I had a brown kurti and dhoti with brown turban which covered my entire face except my eyes. As they darted through stalls to stalls. I brought some fruits from a fruit vendors and fed them to Tejas who happily munched on them. I took my time to complete my apple. The vegetation here is sparse and main course is meat. Which I made sure to stay clear off.

I walked into an alley which is surrounded by dark brown walls. This area is abounded. "Do Sultan Rafiq Sulaiman always use this way to welcome his guests ?" I asked tossing the apple in my hand. I looked back as six 6 feet men jumped down the roofs. All in black clothing. They looked at me amushed. One of them laughed out aloud. "Well said. Not everyone but you. Care to give a name ?" He asked amused. "Care to tell about yourself first ?" I asked back. I can feel his smile grow under his mask.

"Why don't you come with us to palace. His highness is waiting for you." I nodded as we walked towards the palace. We entered through a dark tunnel hidden in one of the houses. It opened into a big ground just behind the stables. I handed reins of Tejas to a stable bow who neatly bowed. We walked through the empty corridors the other five members quietly following us. My eyes widen as we entered a brightly lighted sitting room. Some figures are already seated their. I spotted Sultan Rafiq and Begum Junan and another couple. I immediately understood who escorted me here. I smiled.

"Thanks for the audience Sultan Rafiq Sulaiman and Sultan Rashid Sulaiman. You don't have to send your sons to escort me here." I said as they looked at me in shock. I just smiled. Begum Junan gave me a big grin. "Sister Mahar didn't I said that I gave the pass to someone capable than our son's. I won." She said as I looked at Begum Junan and Begum Mahar. "Sorry for keeping you waiting Begam Sahiba." I said as she looked at me eagerly. "Please take a seat." Sultan Rafiq motioned me as I sat on nearest couch.

The princes took of their masks. They all are definitely handsome and a piece of art. I can easily pin point the similarities between them and Sultans. Two pairs of twin second born princes and the crown prince. I diverted my gaze towards Sultan Rashid who is watching me with interest along with Begum Mahar and princes. Well I don't think they know about me. "How are Maharaj Arun ?" He asked me once we all seated. The others are still watching me like a hawk. "Everything is fine by god's grace." I replied as he nodded. And settled back.

Even after sometime passed no one moved. "Sultan Rashid. Do you have any questions for me ?" I asked at last unnerved by the gazes. "Why do you think I might have ?" He asked smirking. What the problem with this guys. "Then I will take my leave." I said as I tried to get up but was stopped when the one of the prince forced me by me by my shoulders back to couch. I looked at Sultan Rafiq and Begum Junan who just shrugged. Guess I am alone in dealing with this guys. "We didn't allowed you to leave." He said as I narrowed my eyes in his direction. My eyes saying your gonna get deep in trouble.