HER DESPAIR

RUDRA PRATAP

"This is pure idiotic..." I mumbled. "Like I love this." Jai said sarcastically. "I can't and I don't have the power to can anything in this matter." I snorted. "What happened ?" Ariana asked.

FLASHBACK

"Our mothers asked us to meet you." I asked to my supposed to be aunt who is drinking her tea very leisurely. "On one condition." She said smirking. "What ???" We asked in monotony. "Help us to stabilize the foundation of Italia." She said keeping her cup down. "You have no choice." She added. We are screwed.

"That's pretty much easy you know." Daneil said. We all are currently sitting in planning room. "Easy." Jai snorted. "Let's get the facts straight. Except for the immediate royal family members no one is in support of Italia and common people don't even know about it. And who knows hate it to guts. You guys had gotton three underground organizations on your tail and one fourth of the aristocrats hate you to guts at present." I said in irritation. "We have merchantry's support." Jason retorted. "And not to forget military power." Herold retorted in disguist. "Merchantry's total finance less than thirty million gold coins. And military is just above six legions overall. Excluding the two legions of reserved forces of merchantry. And I don't think merchantry can support a war at present. And what about the forgein countries. You will raise to power and they will sit quietly. On first sign of distress they will gang up and attack you." I snapped back.

My plan was simple. Come to Lecce meet Duchess get what my mother told her. Leave Lecce. Go back to Devgiri. But here I am strucked with a bunch of idiots who think it's easy to stabilize base of a nation. It takes years if not decades. It took probably twelve years to lay foundation of our kingdoms which had been standing for centuries. "You are wrong." Steven said angrily. "Oh really." I mocked him. His face is red in anger and his fist clenched. "Getting angry on me won't work your condition is worest. The trade is not going good especially in Mediterranean sea. Half of the merchants are suffering due to pirates and corrupted officials. The taxes are huge. And who created this bullshit rule that nobel don't need to pay up anything. People have to pay for churchs as well. Even the church is in your opposition. And don't expect the Austria, Hungary and Ottoman Empire to keep quite. If you got a draught in next few years get ready to get your places usurp and this places looted." I stated the facts.  As all looked at me in anger.

I felt a fist moving towards me I caught it and moved it behind his back and thrown him on other side of room. "Face it. It's the bitter truth. That's why the last generation of rulers didn't dare to combine the provinces." I spatted in anger. All became silent. They know that every word I said is right. "Who are you really. You are too knowledgeable to be a simple person." Steven asked. I looked towards Jai who nodded. "If a single word about my identity for out I will make it my personal mission to hunt you all down." I said in a threatening manner. I can see them gulp. "I used to be second in command of Devgiri Samrajya. Diplomatic and forgein affairs to be exact. I was trained from age of four to serve my purpose and currently one of the best warrior in Bharatvarsha." I introduced my official status. I am not sure if I want to tell them my real identity yet. That is a secret. Another pindrop silence. Then Ariana burst out laughing and others join except me and Jai. "You are joking aren't you." She stated. "I never jokes." I said in a stern voice. All the laughter cease at once.

"I need a drink." Herold murmured as he got up and took a bottle of beer and drank straight from it. "Relax he won't eat you." Jai said trying to easy up them. "Relax the person standing here is second in command of entire Devgiri Samrajya and one of their best warrior. We all know Devgiri has world's best tacticians and politicians. And you are telling RELAX!!!!!! He is more powerful and cunning than any of us." Nath screeched the last words. I signed. And looked at the map of Italia taking in all the important people and made three lists. "Daneil I need information of this guys." I said handing him the list. "And where do the TRISTE MIETITORE meets anyway." He looked at me sternly. "That place is dangerous." Herold said. "Trust me I am more dangerous." I said back. "Hell and Heaven in mamair district." Jason replied. I smirked towards Jai. "Get ready then. I hope spilling some blood won't matter." They all looked at me shocked.