Chapter 17

It wasn't the morning sun peeking through the shades that startled Chikako awake, it was a loud rap on their bedroom door. A voice too muffled to understand followed it.

Tobirama pulled Chikako against his hard body, stroking his hand over her hip and hummed into her ear .

The knock was repeated, louder and this time they yelled, "Tobirama!"'

Tobirama huffed and mumbled, "first night alone with my bride and they wake me up before sunrise."

The cover fell from him as he sat up and Chikako admired the view and chuckled sleepily. "It's almost sunrise." 

"Come on in, " he grumbled, making sure she was covered before the door slid open.

Hashirama poked his head through, already dressed in his armor, he frowned at them. "I'm sorry to wake you so early. Ninja's in the forest outside the main gate. I need you."

The door slid shut with a snick and Tobirama leaned over her, kissing her temple. "I'm sorry to abandon you so early. You don't need to get up if you don't want to."

"I'm fine. Go do your job." She cupped his head and kissed his jaw.

She watched him dress quietly and efficiently in the early morning light filtering in through their window. As he opened the door he glanced back at her, raising one eyebrow and she nodded to him. She was fine, maybe better than she'd ever been.

As the door shut, memories of the night before flooded her. They'd returned from their hot springs break in to find Mito serving dinner. While they ate Chikako had been acutely aware of Tobirama at her side. The brush of his fingers as he passed her a dish or the tap of his knee against hers had sent rushes of electricity through her body, making her nipples hard and her core warm. She'd longed for him to hold her again, to touch her the way he'd touched her in the spring. She didn't fully understand the emotions and feelings racing through her veins, but she wasn't afraid of them either. She trusted Tobirama implicitly. Something she'd sensed but never fully admitted to herself.

Tobirama had been quiet through dinner, offering brief, often single word, answers to his brothers questions. When the meal was over he'd stood and pulled her up beside him. He stretched his arms over his head and yawned widely.

"I haven't slept well in days. Ready for bed, Chika?" He'd met her gaze with a mischievous glint in his red eyes.

She'd glanced at Mito, worried she should be helping with housework she didn't know how to do. Mito had grinned and winked at her. "I'm sure sleeping on the ground hasn't done either of you any favors. Go rest."

That was all the encouragement Tobirama had needed. He'd scooped Chikako up and nearly run to their room, taking the stairs two at a time. Once there, he'd slid the door shut and set her down with a sly smile.

"I think we have some more getting to know each other." He'd caressed the side of her face and waited for her agreement. "Unless you are really tired."

She'd answered by pulling the tie on her wrap shirt and letting it drop to the ground behind her. They'd spent hours exploring each others bodies. She'd traced the scars on him with her fingers and then her lips, relishing the moans her touch elicited. He'd covered her with kisses from her throat down to her core, spreading her legs and burying his face in her. At first she'd been horrified, but his excitement, and the sensation of his mouth and tongue on her, were like nothing she'd ever felt and she'd quickly forgotten to be embarrassed.

When he'd risen and loomed over her she had been a writhing mess, pulling him down to her for fervent kisses while he'd continued to make love to her.

Chikako stretched in the still warm bed, burying her face in Tobirama's pillow and inhaling the scent of him that lingered there. Her body ached pleasantly from the passion they'd shared last night. Her mother had told her she had to be good wife, regardless of her own feelings. Chikako didn't understand the implied warning in her mothers instruction. She'd loved every moment, every brush of Tobirama's fingers and, most especially, the crest he'd pushed her over several times. She hadn't even minded when, after holding her for a while, he'd rolled over her to repeat their lovemaking.