• four •

The next morning, I was excited to get to work and start drafting up the newsletter

The next morning, I was excited to get to work and start drafting up the newsletter. I had all of my notes scribbled down onto a couple sheets of paper. I knew that I was going to need to invest in some sort of notebook, making a mental note to head to a bookstore. Of course, I didn't know when I would make it there, but if I was going to continue taking notes on all of these radio personalities, I was going to need some way to keep them all in one place instead of holding onto a bunch of loose leaf papers.

The walk to work wasn't horrible, thankfully. I actually thought it was pretty peaceful. While Florida could sometimes be rather gross, the weather today felt perfect. I just knew I needed to start thinking of a game plan in case it was raining one morning, but I decided I would probably continue to push that off until I had to truly figure it out. Once I got to work, it was a few minutes until nine. The station was busy, as per usual, and I found myself heading up to Grenadine, the woman grinning at me.

"Good morning, Miss Holmes!" she greeted. "How are you this morning?"

"I'm doing well. Do you know where I'll be today?"

"Yes! If you want to head to Mr. Watson's office, he just wants to talk to you for a few minutes."

It was easy enough. I thanked her for the information before heading toward his office. Of course, I had to pass by Harry again. He was so animated when he spoke, the way his facial expressions changed as if people could see him when he was speaking unlike anything I had ever seen. I found myself staring again, or, at least until he looked up. This time, though, he sent a wave in my direction. It made me incredibly nervous, and I found myself sending him a small wave back before I stalked off further down the hall toward my destination. Knocking on the door, I was told to head in, Mr. Watson quickly standing up from his desk to greet me.

"Miss Holmes, how are you today?"

"I'm lovely, how are you?"

"Doing well! I have something to show you, actually. If you'll follow me."

Agreeing, I didn't even sit down before we were heading out of his office. We had to pass Harry again, the dark-haired personality glancing up once again. His eyebrows furrowed for a moment, but then I saw a large grin take over his features, Harry sending a thumbs up to Mr. Watson at the same time that my boss sent one to him. It freaked me out, to say the least. They both clearly knew something I didn't and now I was overtly nervous.

"Um, what's going on?"

"I have a surprise for you," Mr. Watson told me.

"A surprise?"

"Yes."

Again, I was nervous. How could this be happening? What kind of surprise would I get? My mind was trying to do everything possible to figure out what was going on, but nothing was adding up. Even if I was overthinking, I didn't know what to focus on. Was it just a little something? Was it a big something? The possibilities in my mind were endless.