• seven •

Thursday and Friday had gone rather well for the most part

Thursday and Friday had gone rather well for the most part. The grant writing had taken up a lot of my energy, but by the time I was finished work on Friday I had given it to Mr. Watson to review. The goal was to have him make any changes he saw fit prior to it being given to the grant company. However, Friday evening I got to see Donna, Debbie, and Jackie. The four of us had the chance to catch up while the kiddos played. It was nice, honestly. I hadn't seen them in some time and getting to catch up in person was always much nicer than over the phone.

Though, it was now Saturday morning and I couldn't stop myself from trying to clean up my home as much as humanly possible. There were still boxes everywhere, and I was a little bit embarrassed that Harry was coming over with my place looking the way that it did. Normally, I wouldn't have cared. If Donna came over, I would have just told her to not mind the boxes. Yet, Harry was on his way over and I was freaking out. Then again, I hadn't known him for very long so that could've been it.

Heading into my bedroom, I made sure that my bed was at least made and that there were no clothes on the floor. There was a problem with one of the drawers in my bathroom, so I didn't want him to think I was messy when he had to walk through my room. Sighing as I looked at myself in the mirror, I was somewhat thankful that I didn't have much in my bathroom. It looked far less cluttered than it would have if I had everything unpacked that I needed.

By the time it was about ten, I heard the doorbell ring, followed by several knocks on the front door. It left me feeling nervous, but I quickly approached my front door. Soon enough, I was glancing out the peephole, seeing that Harry was very much on the other side of the door with what looked like a tool kit and a small box of something. Hurrying to pull the door open, I watched as he straightened his posture, the curly-haired personality wearing a pair of black jeans and a Led Zeppelin T-shirt.

"Good morning," he stated. "How are we this morning?"

"I'm doing fine," I assured him.  "I'm sorry my house is a mess right now. Come in, come in."

I stepped out of the way for him to walk in. He set his toolbox on the kitchen table, leaving me to shut the door behind us.  I locked it as well, overly cautious now since there had been a rather active killer on the loose recently. Harry glanced around my home with the small box still in his hands, his eyes focusing on different places before he looked at me again.

"Again, I apologize that it is so messy," I told him.

"So what you have some boxes still?" he chuckled softly. "Nothing is wrong with that."

"You're too kind."

"I'm honest. I wouldn't say I'm very kind, though."

"Yeah, yeah. What do you have there?" I asked, pointing to the box in his hands.

"Oh," he nodded. "It's early, so I thought it would be rude to come over without breakfast of some sort. I decided on donuts. Don't worry, there aren't any cake ones."