• forty •

a/n: i posted a trailer! it is the second story part of this book if you want to check it out!! <3

     While I was excited to talk to Donna finally, I was a little nervous if I was being entirely honest

While I was excited to talk to Donna finally, I was a little nervous if I was being entirely honest.  We hadn't been able to catch up since some time last week, and I was nervous to tell her about everything that happened.  Of course, I assumed the first thing she was going to ask me before she even got a hello in would be how Harry and I were.  And, she knew that Harry and I had a date Saturday, so I was sure she had been anticipating details. Little did she know I had a whole lot to tell her.

As I got ready, I tried to think of what kind of swimsuit I would want.  The one I currently owned was a one piece with a cutout in the middle, but I kind of felt like maybe a bikini would be better this time around.  Then again, I wasn't sure if that was my own thought, or if I wanted to get that so Harry would be irritated at the lack of clothing.  I mean, one of my favorite things to do was make him agitated, but it was definitely because he was so funny when he was angry.

By the time Donna arrived, it was only about five in the evening.  I found myself answering the door in shorts and a graphic T-shirt.  She was wearing a similar outfit, and I grinned at her, my friend quickly saying exactly what I thought she would when I opened the door.

"You have a date with a dreamy radio man and don't call me immediately after?"

"Hi," I greeted.

"Don't hi me," Donna grumbled.  "Get your stuff and let's go.  I need to hear all about it."

It made me laugh.  I slipped on a pair of shoes before grabbing my bag off of the small side table by the front door.  Collecting my keys from the clay bowl, I quickly shut the door behind us, Donna getting in the car as I locked up my house.  Soon enough, I was getting in the car with her, my friend giving me a dirty look.

"Seven years of friendship and you don't want to tell me about your first real date with your dream man."

"I stayed over at his house and then a lot happened Sunday and yesterday," I laughed.

"You stayed the night? Oh God, did you—did you lose it?"

"Donna no!" I continued to laugh.  "Definitely not.  He didn't even ask.  I got him off, but he asked multiple times if I was sure about—"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," she quickly said.  "You got him off? You are telling me you did whatever with this man and you did not even think to call me once? Maggie, this is truly unbelievable."

She was joking, her tone said it all, but I was also a little worried that she was incredibly offended that I hadn't called her to tell her about my date with Harry.  I mean, we had been friends forever, and I told her almost everything so this should have been no different.  Then again, I had been a little preoccupied Sunday night with everything that happened at the grocery store, and yesterday I was so exhausted that I came home and went to bed.  So, it left me thinking about where I should start when it came to a story time with Donna.  And, eventually I found myself choosing to begin with Harry bringing me flowers.