• fourteen • *

a/n: moving forward with this story, anytime there is an asterisk present next to a chapter, it means there will be smut. you have been warned hehe enjoy!

• • •

     Oh, I was going to drive myself to the brink of insanity if I didn't stop pacing

     Oh, I was going to drive myself to the brink of insanity if I didn't stop pacing.  I didn't know what to do, though.  It was only a few days until the dinner party, and I still didn't have a date to it.  Of course, Donna had assured me that I wouldn't need one to go when I talked to her about it, but I knew everyone was going to be coupled up and I was going to feel incredibly awkward if I wasn't.  Deciding to simply bite the bullet and get ready to go out, I found myself changing into something that I figured would not only get my drinks paid for, but hopefully a date for my little dinner party at Jackie's.

Pulling on a black corset top, I knew exactly what I was getting into.  It was a dangerous game I was playing, but I decided it was one I wanted to play.  I paired the top with a leather mini skirt, once again knowing that it might have been a little too short, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.  It wasn't long until I was slipping on a pair of black tights, finally finishing the outfit off with my Doc Martens.  I knew it was late—after nine.  Harry would have my head if he knew I was going out, but I wasn't going to tell him.  It would be my little secret with myself.  After all, the last thing I needed was him showing up to my house saying I did x, y, and z wrong.

Once I was certain I was ready, I found myself nearly rushing out of the house so that I would get to the bar before ten.  It was only a fifteen minute walk, but I was determined to get there in less.  Thankfully, it seemed like there was a good amount of traffic this evening, or, enough to make me believe that if someone tried to pick me up off the street without my consent someone would see.  Though, I truly doubted that the Winter Haven serial killer was on the loose to find his next victim right now. 

By the time I reached the bar, it was just before ten.  I showed the bouncer my ID before he let me in, and my first task was to travel to the bar.  If I was going to pull any men, I needed to start drinking immediately.  Asking for a vodka-cranberry, I handed the bartender my ID when asked, the man nodding and then quickly working on my drink.  It was followed by him handing it to me not much later.  However, I found myself nearly downing it, the bartender raising his eyebrows at me.

"Bad day?" he asked.

"No, I just want to feel tipsy as fast as possible."

The bartender nodded, making another drink for me before I could even ask.  Thanking him, I made my way toward the dance floor after slipping my ID back into my small bag.  Any other time, I probably would have been worried about someone stealing all of my stuff.  Though, I felt like with a bag this small it would be damn near impossible.  Soon enough, I found myself making my rounds across the room, trying to find somewhere comfortable to stand and look for a stranger.  There were a few guys that approached me here and there.  We would chat, I would finish a drink with them, and then I would get sucked into the music and begin to move away.