• thirty-nine • *

Why had I gotten drunk? What was I doing? What right did I have to be upset over a shitty guy who left me because I wasn't ready for the future that he was ready to start? There were a million questions flooding my mind as I headed to work, a...

     Why had I gotten drunk? What was I doing? What right did I have to be upset over a shitty guy who left me because I wasn't ready for the future that he was ready to start? There were a million questions flooding my mind as I headed to work, and I knew that I needed to be in my best mindset this morning with everything that was happening.  After all, I was incredibly stuck on the fact that I had seen my ex yesterday, but I had a meeting with a Radio Weekly representative.  It was like I had no sight of my priorities and I needed to set them straight.

Of course, I was going into work a little later, as requested by Mr. Watson.  He had wanted me to get a good night's rest, but little did he know I was up until two in the morning crying, drunk, and bruised because I basically fell out of the tub.  It was probably the most clumsy thing I had ever done in my entire life.  Rolling my eyes at the memory, I found myself heading up the stairs to grab my papers.  It was nearly eleven, and I always felt so weird being in the building past my regularly scheduled time, but I quickly grabbed the papers before heading back downstairs to Grenadine's desk.

"Hi, sweetheart, I must have missed you coming in," she said to me.  "How are you?"

"I could be better.  Do you know what time the car is supposed to be here?"

"I think in a few minutes.  Do you want to just have a seat? They're supposed to come in when they're ready for you."

I nodded.  Sitting down in one of the waiting chairs, I found myself staring down at my questions that I wanted to show to the representative.  There was a lot that could be asked, that could be implied, and that could be said when I was asking Harry these questions, so I wondered which the representative would be most interested in hearing about.  Though, my thoughts were discarded when I saw someone in a suit walk in, the man pushing his sunglasses up and walking over to the desk.

"I'm here to pick up Miss Holmes," he said to Grenadine.

"That's me," I stated, standing up quickly so that I could shake his hand.  "Hi."

"Hello," he greeted.  "This way."

I waved to Grenadine, leaving me to follow the driver outside of the building.  While I knew that Mr. Watson said he would get a car service, I was a little surprised to see the limo that had been picked out.  All I was thinking about was a basic SUV or even just a regular sedan, but an entire limo seemed a little extravagant for the occasion.  However, I got in once the driver held the door open for me, sliding in and realizing that this was a very nice vehicle.  I had been in a few limos before, but they were never this fancy.  It made me realize what kind of life I could really have if this radio thing went over well, my cheeks flushed at the ideas that were now dancing around in my head about my future.

The ride to the restaurant only lasted about thirty minutes, the driver quickly getting out to grab my door.  It was a fancy restaurant, that much obvious when I got out and saw the awning and the valet service.  I was thankful that the magazine was going to cover lunch since there was no way I would be able to pay for this meal.  Or, maybe I could have with the money that I deposited last Friday, but it still was a little scary to think about how expensive this meal was going to be.  After I thanked the driver, I headed inside, telling the hostess who I was meeting.  They seemed surprised by my words, quickly walking me over to a table where a man was sitting.  The gentleman quickly stood up, buttoning his jacket before he held his hand out to greet me.