• fifty-three •

a/n: almost a month later I'm so sorry, life has been kicking my ass, i blame my job. also i think i proof read this enough, we will just have to cross our fingers!

also, saw Harry at harryween & he couldn't keep his eyes off me at the premiere <3

I woke up in a panic. I was clammy, I felt like I was short of breath, and as though I was being suffocated for whatever the reason may have been. Sitting up quickly, I was breathing too fast. I knew it because of the other day at Donna's house when Harry had to calm me down. It was almost terrifying, but soon I felt arms wrapping around me, my chest burning as he pulled me to sit in between his legs. My back was against his chest, one of his hands resting on my chest while he pressed several kisses to the shell of my ear.

"You're safe. I'm here," he murmured. "Right here."

I nodded, knowing that I knew that but I was still stressed out. He continued placing sweet kisses to the shell of my ear, murmuring for me to breathe with him until I got myself under control. His hand on my chest rubbed gentle circles along my skin, and I found myself calming down some in his arms. Even if it took a little while, I was beginning to relax. He always knew how to get me away from the bad place, and I leaned my head back against his shoulder, Harry pressing several kisses to my jaw.

"Did you think I wasn't in bed with you?" he asked quietly.

"I didn't ... I don't know. Maybe it is better when you hold me. I-I just wanted to take care of you."

"And you did, and I'm very grateful for you," he said. "I'm still embarrassed about what I said."

"Embarrassed?" I asked, shifting some so I could look at him better. "Don't be embarrassed. I'm very glad you were honest with me when I asked. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. You're still mine at the end of the day."

"Yours," he nodded, brushing his nose along my jaw. "I like that."

"You're special to me," I continued, wanting to be certain that he knew I cared about him. "I'd do absolutely anything for you."

He shrugged. It was clear he wasn't as confident in himself right now, but I knew he was probably very anxious and disheartened by what he had shared with me earlier. It took a lot of guts to admit that he had an addiction problem, and while I knew he didn't like telling me about it, it showed a lot of character.

"You don't mean that."

"I do," I assured him.

"Can we ... can I kiss you?"

It almost seemed silly that he was asking. After all, he had kissed me plenty of times without asking before, what was so different now? Smiling up at him, I nodded, blushing when he cupped my cheek and kissed me. It felt compassionate, my heart racing in my chest with every soft movement he made against my mouth. I could never get enough of him, and when he pulled away, I was left longing. His lips peppered kisses to my flesh. Starting with my nose, hitting both of my cheeks, right along with my temples and then my forehead probably ten times. I felt very cared for in that moment, and I was very thankful to know that after everything he had been through, he trusted me enough to let his guard down and be very caring with me.