• thirty-seven • *

a/n: do you see what i see? there's definitely an asterisk and i'm definitely excited for you guys to read this character even if it is hours late

     We finally reached Harry's house by the time it was a little past eleven.  I was once again faced with the very pretty house that had a contemporary build.  Harry got out of the car after shutting it off, waiting for me to scoot out before he shut the door.  He then went to the trunk to grab my bag, the two of us heading up to the house.  Harry unlocked the front door, my cheeks flushed when he held it open for me but I just stood there.

"What?" he asked.

"I don't know what's in there.  What if there's a monster or something?"

He blinked several times.  "Are you serious?"

"Okay, maybe not a monster, but can you go first just this once?"

I could tell it took everything in him not to groan, but he walked inside first, turning on the lights.  I shut the door behind us, locking it back up.  Harry was standing in front of me still, my face heated even still.  I was incredibly excited to actually be in his house now, the curly-haired personality setting the bag on the ground and crouching.  At first, I was confused, but soon he was standing up, Harry turning around to show me Izabelle.

"Oh, hi," I quickly said in a soft voice, my fingers trailing along her back.  "You are so pretty.  Your daddy tells me all about you and how good you are.  Except for when you scratch his face, but I'm sure you don't mean it."

Harry smiled at me as I continued to pet her in his arms, but soon enough he was letting me take her.  She seemed hesitant at first, her paws kneading at my shoulder.  I could tell she didn't like me holding her very much, Harry also seeming to notice and quickly taking Izabelle back.

"You know she was so excited to meet you," Harry said to his cat.  "And you just push her shoulders? How mean."

He started to walk elsewhere, so I quickly set my purse down on top of my bag before trailing after him.  Harry set Izabelle on the counter, opening his pantry and grabbing a can of cat food.  I was interested in what he was doing, but I was also shocked by the kitchen.  The cabinet doors were navy blue with gold accents used as the finishes.  His countertops were white, and I found myself in absolute awe.  I was so used to simple little yellow or pink or white kitchens that I never even thought of the other possibilities.

"This has to be the nicest kitchen I have ever stepped foot in," I told him, watching as he opened the cat food and dumped it into a bowl.

"Yeah, it's custom," he nodded.  "I think it's pretty cool.  Made the countertops so that they're the right height for me at thirty seven inches tall instead of the average which is thirty four to thirty six."

"That is so cool," I nodded, watching as Izabelle walked over to Harry and brushed up against him before she sat down to eat.  "How long have you had her?"