• fifty •

a/n: the long awaited lakehouse chapters begin (: i am so sorry ive been horrible at updating! i love you guys sm i hope you can forgive me

     "You're sure you have everything?" he asked as he placed my bag in the trunk and shut it.

It was nearly four.  Mr. Watson had said I could leave early since it was a big holiday weekend.  I thought it was polite, and asked if he was certain, but of course he said yes.  I was positive it had something to do with Harry pulling a string or two, but I tried not to think about it.  Brushing the thoughts off, I could tell Harry was staring at me as if to await a response, so I finally answered.

"I'm good.  I have what I need."

"Good."

"Should we stop on the way and get stuff to drink?"

He shrugged.  "I'm supposed to go on a grocery run with the guys when we get there."

"Oh," I started to say.  "I looked at where we're staying on the map.  It's in the middle of the woods, do you think that's okay? Do you think I'll be okay?"

He seemed confused and then realized why I was anxious within a couple of seconds.  "You'll be good, doll, no one's going to hurt you.  I think Zayn and Steven are staying back, so is Stacy, who I'll introduce you to.  You'll be good, you'll be safe.  Nothing bad will happen.  I won't let it happen after the week you've had."

He smiled at me, and I felt a little more comfortable with the action.  Harry and I got into the car then, the two of us getting situated before he started the vehicle.  It didn't take long for us to get on the road, Harry blasting his music with the windows down.  Normally it meant that he was angry, but I could tell he was in a good mood right now, his hand resting on my thigh as he drove with his left hand.

He sang along to the songs, allowing me to play with the rings that accessorized his fingers.  He had such good style, and I always wondered how he did it.  Not once did I look at him and question what he was wearing.  Even certain things that made no sense together looked good on him.  It was honestly annoying at times because I wanted it to be that easy for me, but I also knew that he was Harry and there was just something about him that no one could match.

The ride to the lake house was only about forty-five minutes which wasn't that horrible.  I had expected it to be much worse, but I also figured that listening to Harry sing along to his favorite songs had definitely made the time go by faster.  However, when we started driving down the trail to the lake house, I was a little nervous, my hand starting to grip Harry's.

"What?" he laughed.

"It's just a lot of trees," I said quietly.

"You're very observant."

"Har," I complained.

"I know, I know," he laughed, moving his hand away from my hold so he could wrap his arm around me and pull me into his side.  "We'll be fine."