• nine •

By the time Monday rolled around, I was excited that my newsletter had been sent out

     By the time Monday rolled around, I was excited that my newsletter had been sent out.  Or, that was what Mr. Watson had told me would happen last week.  On my way in, I found myself walking up to Grenadine, the woman smiling at me.  She was always so chipper, and I figured that was why they put her at the front desk.  It was better than someone who wasn't so excited to be in greeting everyone.

"Good morning, Grenadine," I greeted.

"Good morning, Miss Holmes! Mr. Watson would like to see you when you get a chance."

"Perfect, thank you."

She nodded, offering me a piece of candy.  I declined, though thanked her kindly for the offer.  Heading toward Mr. Watson's office, I barely glanced in Harry's direction when I noticed that his eyes were already glued to me.  It caused me to feel anxious, though I sent him a small wave in an effort to calm myself down.  He sent one back as well, leaving me to focus on looking for something in my pocketbook.  Of course, I wasn't looking for anything, but I wanted to act like I was so that I wouldn't be "glued to the glass" like he had told me I always was.

Knocking on Mr. Watson's office, he asked me to come in.  The man was sitting at his desk with glasses on, his eyes meeting mine quickly.  The man gestured toward the seat in front of his desk, and I quickly sat down in front of him.  I figured I would be working on a newsletter, but I had no idea what I would put in the contents.

"Good morning," he greeted finally as he took his glasses off.  "Did you have a good weekend?"

"It was nice," I agreed.

"Mr. Styles told me that he fixed some stuff at your place.  That was very generous of him."

"Oh, that," I laughed.  "Yeah, I told him I had just moved in and he offered to help.  He saved me a couple hundred dollars, also."

"I'm glad to hear it.  I know we're covering your housing, but your pay is as high as I could get it and I know it isn't crazy."

"Please.  It is more than enough.  More than I thought I would be making even three years out of college, so thank you," I quickly told him.  "I know that Grenadine said you wanted to see me, though."

"Of course.  I figured that you could start working on the new newsletter for next week.  However, I wanted to thank you for your help with the grant offer.  I know that they are very seriously interested in helping us now because of your work on it.  Again, thank you."

"It was no problem," I assured him.  "Anyway, I'll get right to work on that newsletter!"

He agreed, thanking me once again for my help and all the effort that I put into my work.  It wasn't long until I was passing the glass again, Harry waving me toward him.  It was confusing, to say the least, and I made a face at him as he was talking, but he continued to wave me over and even point to the door to the studio he was in.  Rolling my eyes at him, I headed down the opposite hall that I was in, standing next to the studio door not much later.  I was certain he had to wait until it was a commercial break, my eyes focusing on him very quickly when the door was pulled open.