• twenty-seven •

a/n: good luck

     Zayn was a little early picking me up

     Zayn was a little early picking me up. I hadn't expected him to be, so I was not ready yet. Pulling the front door open, he looked handsome in his suit, brown eyes focusing on me for a long few moments. I quickly welcomed him in, asking him if I could offer him water.

"I'm great, but thank you."

"No worries," I nodded. "I still have a few things to do if you want to make yourself comfortable on the sofa."

He agreed. It wasn't long until I was back in my bedroom, putting on jewelry. It was followed by putting on some shoes, as well as tugging on some velvet gloves that matched the strapless dress I was wearing. A part of me was still a little nervous that the slit in the dress was a little revealing, but I decided it was just for the evening and there was nothing to really worry about.

Walking back out to the living room, Zayn was watching television, though he must have heard my footsteps because he was quickly standing up, raising his eyebrows. I watched as he glanced me up and down, brown eyes lingering on my body before his eyes met mine.

"Damn, Harry's a bitch for saying we can't hookup."

"True. I say we riot when we see him," I smiled.

"He won't like that," Zayn laughed. "I've known the guy for years so I definitely say we don't and say we did."

It made me laugh, Zayn's nervousness amusing to me. After I had grabbed my small purse, the two of us made our way out of the house. I locked the door behind us, Zayn making sure to get the door to the car. It was a kind gesture, and I sat into his vehicle, realizing that he also had an older car, but it wasn't as nice as Harry's was. It was clearly somewhat of an antique, but there was something about Harry's vehicle that was more striking, noticeable, and classic.

"So, I've never been to a formal one of these, have you?" Zayn asked.

"A formal party?" I asked.

"No," he chuckled. "A Dawn FM event. I went bowling once with Harry at an event, but this is high class."

"Oh! No, this is my first event ever with Dawn FM."

"Perfect."

The two of us were quiet on the way to the party, and I found myself wondering how the evening would turn out. I was excited to finally get the chance to see Cherry again, but I was also a little nervous as well. I mean, she had told Harry about my activities the previous weekend, and I had walked in on her naked on top of Harry, but I hoped that had passed and she wouldn't be weirded out.

Once we arrived at Mr. Watson's home, there were a lot more cars than I had expected. Zayn parked, allowing me to get out of the car up by the front so I wouldn't have to walk as far before he went and actually found a spot to park the car. It wasn't long until he was jogging up to where I was standing, a small smile on his face as he held his arm out to me. I wrapped my arms around his, the two of us heading up the pathway toward the front door.