• nineteen •

I had fallen asleep for what was probably a couple of hours

     I had fallen asleep for what was probably a couple of hours.  It was one of those things where I couldn't tell if I had been sleeping forever or if it had only been a few minutes.  The only reason I even felt the need to wake up though was the sound of the shower running once again.  After lying in my bed for a few moments longer to make sure that I was in fact hearing it correctly, I found myself sitting up on the mattress.  Rubbing my eyes, I grumbled softly under my breath.  A few moments passed before I turned the light on, noticing that it was almost five in the morning.  Raising an eyebrow, I rubbed my eyes yet again, trying my best to wipe the sleep out of them.  Yawning, I did a big stretch before I got up out of bed, knocking on the bathroom door.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked tiredly, figuring that I had startled him considering I had been sleeping when he went into the bathroom.  "I thought you took one last night on purpose."

He cleared his throat.  There wasn't a response right away that I had thought there would be.  Almost always he was quick to jump at me with an answer, but this time he was not.  I heard the water stop, the only noise in the bathroom now coming from the overhead fan.

"Harry?" I tried again.

"Do you want me to be honest, or do you want me to make something up?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, do you want me to tell you I woke up with a stiffy, or do you want me to tell you something else?"

"Harry!" I complained.

"You asked," he stated.

There was shuffling on his side before the door was yanked open.  I could feel the humid air seep out into my bedroom the moment that the door had been open, and I found myself glancing at him.  This time, he was dressed in a nice button-down, his plaid pants throwing me off slightly, but in a good way.  I mean, he always looked good, but the fit on his pants were better than I was used to seeing any man in. 

"Oh, look who's checking who out now," he laughed.  "I'll make you breakfast if you want to sleep some more."

"It's not even five," I sighed.

"I know, doll.  What about you go back to bed and I'll make you breakfast?"

"No, I'll come talk to you," I mumbled.  "I bet I look horrible."

"You look lovely," he nodded, brushing his fingers through my hair lightly.  "I'll see you in the kitchen."

He grabbed his bag out of my bathroom before heading out of the bedroom.  I continued to stand by the bathroom doorway, finally getting enough energy to enter.  Thankfully, he was right in the sense that I didn't look horrible.  Of course, I would have preferred for the makeup under my eyes to not be there, however, my overall appearance could have been far worse.  Washing my face in the sink, I dried it off, adding some moisturizer before I brushed my teeth.  I made sure to try and fix my hair some as well, finally making my way out to the kitchen.