Chapter 26

Double checking my watch, I realise that I'm only a few minutes early but I would assume that the Sargent would still be busy, so I'm not too concerned.

I make my way from the carpark over to the main terminal building, while looking around for any sign of where Bryson might be. I find it strange that I can't see a single police car or sign of where he might be.

I'm yet to work out what to call the man as from the one interaction that I had had with the man, he tended to be quite formal in his approach.

Realising that the doors to the terminal are wide open, I decide to just hover near the doors but keeping on the outside of the building.  Looking around, it just seems too quiet and I have this strange feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It dose not take long until I hear someone coming through the empty terminal building and heading my way. I turn around and put on a casual smile, awaiting the arrival of who I thought was going to be Sargent Bryson, to what turns out to be a man that I've never met before.

"Thank you for being on time Doctor Baxter, do you mind if I call you Amelia?" The man asks as he stops promptly in front of me.

I take in his appearance as he seems to have such a swagger to the way he presents himself. He is quite tall, at least 6ft, which broad shoulders. It is strange that he looks like a businessman by his neat attire but I notice over his white business shirt he is wearing a kutte. Knowing how clubs use kuttes to define what club they come from. I check his patch and I take an internal gasp when I see The Bandits patch.

Knowing that he is awaiting an answer from me "Well that would depend on whom I am talking with and what this is all about, Where is Sargent Bryson?" I reply, looking around for the Sargent.

He smiles as he responds "Oh don't you worry about Tex, I asked him to set up this little meeting for us so that I could talk to you in person." He is waving his hands between us as to emphasis on the two of us.

"But of course Amelia, let me introduce myself. I am Eric, the now President of The Bandits Motorcycle Club. " and he offers me his hand to shake. The club name 'The Bandits' is a name that I am familiar with but I can't quite place where I know his name from.

I shake his hand and he runs his thumb along the top of my hand as he pulls his hand away. I take notice of the rings on his fingers and they remind me of the ones that Knuckles wears, big and shiny.

"So what do I owe for the pleasure of this?" I  reply as I try and slip my hand away quicker and place it in my pocket. I rub it a few times as if I am trying to wipe away the imaginary feeling of his touch.

He smirks "I do like a lady who likes to get straight to business." He keeps running his eyes up and down my body as if he is weighing up what to do with me.

He moves over to a chair near the entrance and motions for me to take a seat. I silently shake my head no, but I move towards the area where the chair is so that we can continue the conversation.

"Thank you for the offer Eric, but I am still not sure why I am here?" I respond. I can feel myself starting to loose my patience for this man and what he hopes to achieve here.

Taking a seat himself, he crosses his legs over and looks up at me "Well, as you have probably worked out, there has been some issues with orders coming through in the wrong accounts at the moment and I believe that you have started to question what is going on?  I understand that this was possibly an error in judgement on our behalf, but as you can understand, we have a new company that is just trying to get itself on its feet. Surely you understand what it is like when you first start out and errors are made."