Chapter 39

Amelia POV

Finally pulling up in my driveway, I realise that I must had been driving around for longer then I thought because sitting in pride of place in my drive way is Xaviers Harley.

I look towards the house and can see through the kitchen window that everyone is in the kitchen, all chatting and carrying on while it looks like Xavier is cooking something. He seems so at ease with the boys who seem to be mucking around and laughing at something Xavier has done. I feel a little pull in my chest as I think about how of all the times Eliot and the boys had interacted together, I could never remember seeing such a carefree moment that they all would have had shared like what I am seeing here now.

The boys seem to have accepted Xavier being around as if he is a part of the furniture and it seems that Xavier is wanting to make his intentions clear that he is going to be a major part of not only my life, but their lives also. I know that things are still very new and that there are still things that we need to discuss and build onto but I am glad that Xavier is a persistent man because I don't know where we would be if he had just given up when I had first turned him down.

Taking in a deep breath, I let it go as I gather up my stuff and get out of the car. As if he can feel me staring at him, he looks up from what he is doing and his eyes lock with mine, giving me one of his show stopper grins that has my heart flutter in ways that I never thought Xavier Tanner could make me feel.

Chuckling to myself, I give him back a wink as I make my way to the side door. I wonder what my father would think if he knew that after everything that has happened over the years, that I would end up back here living in this house and in the arms of the same boy who I would say was the main reason I left here in the first place.

"Mum!" I hear Will yell as he opens the door to let me into the kitchen. "You have to get in here, Xavier is making spaghetti bolognaise and he keeps adding more vegetables."

Will has a look of worry on his face as he points over to where Xavier is scooping in a handful of chopped up capsicum while stirring the meat sauce.

I laugh as I look over the see Sebastien edging closer as Xavier turns to offer him a tasting spoon of the sauce. He leans in and tries the smallest piece but Xavier tricks him by putting the whole spoon into his mouth.

As much as he probably wants to act like it is terrible, his facial features give him away. "Mmmm, its really good Will, you need to try it." He says, moving closer to the pot and trying to get another taste. Xavier begins to swat his hand away "Go wash up for dinner you cheeky monkey." he growls and both boys are up and heading for the bathroom.

Putting down my gear, I make my way further into the kitchen to stand near the bench near where Xavier is cooking. He moves towards me and wraps his hand around my chin, tilting my head up so that we are face to face.

"What ever is going on in that amazing brain of yours, I'm in. Like all the way in Lia." He says as he leans closer to me so that our lips are practically touching.

"But the minute that anything looks like it is going to hurt you or the boys, your out of this town and away from all of this. I don't care if I have to pack you all in the car and drag you away myself, that is my only condition." He then swoops in and captures my lips in a fierce kiss that has my toes curling. I find myself reaching up to wrap my arms around his neck, gliding my hand up and through his hair. His kiss has been heating up and all I want to do is jump up on this bench and let him have his way with me.

Xavier lets out a moan and presses himself up against me so that I can feel every inch of what is meant for me. I try so hard but I begin to feel myself starting to want to curl up into him but out time is cut short when we here the boys shout out "Eww, gross."

Xavier pulls back first and lets out a loud laugh as he turns and goes back to checking his meal. I'm left there wondering what would had happened if the boys had not come back in but find that I have no time to ponder that thought any further as I am bombarded with stories from the boys about their day.

"Dinner is ready everyone" Xavier says as he turns off the stove top and gathers up the bowls to begin to dish it all out.

I realise that right now, he is trying to make things all seem normal but after the boys go to bed, we are going to have to have the conversation about what my idea is and how I hope it will be the opportunity that the club needs to get a foot ahead of the Bandits.

As if on cue, Mae comes into the kitchen and helps with setting up the island bench with all the food. We had taken to eating around the island bench in the kitchen more than sitting at the dining table which reminded me of when it was just Mae, Dad and I. 

Everyone settles down as Xavier moves the last of the food over to the middle of the bench and slips into the chair next to me. He nods as he offers up servings of food to the boys and they both use their best manners which makes me smile. 

"So, what are the plans for the next week?" Mae asks as she serves herself up some salad. "I see that the bookings are coming in fast, especially after I had to rearrange some of your appointments from this week, so I wonder if we need to block out some of the appointments?" she adds, and I feel like I need to slap myself in the face for completely forgetting that I have a whole other life that maybe affected with everything else that is going on.

Before I answer, Xavier jumps in "That might be great Mae, I've got a couple of things that we need Lia's help with at the club."  I let out a small breath when I realise how quickly he has been able to cover up my probably obviously confused face.

Mae nods "That's a good plan, might also give you some time to have a bit of a break for yourself Amelia, you have been pretty busy these last few weeks." 

"Yes, that would be great Mae. I think I need to get a few things under wraps because we are going to have a visitor coming to see us in a few weeks." I reply and both the boys stop what they are doing and eagerly look at me saying "Who, who?"

"Aunty Chancey is coming to spend some time with us." I say and both boys start calling out their excitement. This is going to be an interesting time for all of us.