Chapter 11

We pull up to a new restaurant called 'Wired' that Carrie has been dying to try. As we enter the snobby looking concierge looks up at us. "Do you have a reservation?". He has this look of disgust like he wants to be anywhere else but here and I realize that he is glaring at Slater.

"Booking for Tanner." Slater replies.

The concierge looks over the reservations sheet and finds out booking. "You are early, if you will wait in the bar, one of our waitstaff will collect you." he points towards the crowded bar area and we make our way over.

"Wow, what a douche." I say.

"Ah honey, get used to it in this town. There is quite the divide happening with all the new people coming to town." Mae replies.

We all order a drink and as they are being poured a waiter comes to grab us.

This place is way fancy, like I feel so uncomfortable being here type of fancy. Mae is constantly looking around at all the people and she says "I don't know who three quarters of these people are."

We eat and laugh but as soon as we are done we feel like we are getting the 'move on music' and make our way out the door.

"What would you like to do now?" Slater asks

"Lets go check out 'Shades Bar'." I say as we all pile into the car. Slater just laughs and Carrie says "I know honey that it has been a while since you have been back home but lets do a drive by before you make a decision."

We all pile into the car and head off down the road. I'm humming away to the music in the car as we all chat about how dinner really was and how Carrie has decided that she is not fancy enough to eat there again when I start to hear this horrendous duffing music.

"What the heck is that?" I say with disgust.

Slater points to the old bar that I knew and says "That's Shades Bar, its now a new techno joint for young kids."

"Agh! I used to love going there are a kid with you Mae, what happened?" I asked.

"Apparently this is what pubs are like now?" Mae mumbles as she is looking out the window and scoping out the place.

Carrie turns in her seat and says "We could go to the 'Clubhouse'. It's ladies night." She has a slight smile on her face and I just roll my eyes.

"Wasn't ladies night code for 'Get all the local town bikes in the one location for the members to ogle'." I say

"I take offence to that." Slater pipes up. "Its a classy night for all the old ladies and future ladies to come and mingle." He was smirking when he said it but I just stare at him like I know he is full of shit.

I look back at the window of the only other pub in this town and then look at the 3 of them and sigh.

"Onward's chauffeur to the 'clubhouse'." I say and take a swig out of my drink bottle.

##

We are in the car park and I literately have the giggles. They have all these pink lights flashing and the song 'Ladies Night' playing but the place is dead.  I think that my giggles are infectious as Carrie and Mae have started to laugh too which leads to Slater just throwing his hands up in the air and telling us that he is going inside for a drink.

"Oh my God Carrie, has our life now come to this." I can not stop laughing to the point that I can feel tears coming on.

"Hang on, I'll text a few of the old ladies to see if they can come down." Carrie replies as she gets her mobile out.