Chapter 12

The night was in full swing and everyone seemed to be having a great time. After I had been hugged and kissed by nearly everyone that I had not seen for so long that I started to find that the overload of names was blurring into one thought.

Where was Xavier.

I stumble as I got off my stool and started to wander around, looking around the bar and remembering where the exit gate was that lifted up to allow you access behind the bar.

Knuckles is behind the bar in his usually spot, cleaning glasses and chatting with some of the guys who are are sitting near him.
"Knuckles, have you seen Xavier?" I asked as I came up to the bar opening.
"Out the back I think." He replied as he shifted his head towards the back office door.

I lifted the bar bench and walked through to the office. The door was shut but when I tried the door knob it was unlocked so I pushed it open and waltzed into the room.

I could smell his cologne before I could see him.
"Jesus Xavier, you think you would have at least come out and wished me —- holy heck, agh, sorry." I said as I took in the sight of Xavier and quickly turned to duck out the door.

I quickly exited from behind the bar and found Mae sitting at the high tables near the windows.
"I think I'm about ready to head home." I said
"Me too honey, I'm beat." Mae replies as she gets up and we make our way towards all the people.
We said our goodbyes and Knuckles offered to drop us home.

####
I went to my room, stripping off and dumping my clothes in a pile so thatI could head into the bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror as I pull all the bobby pins out of my hair, reaching over to turn the shower on. As I'm staring at myself, the mirror starts to steam up and I realise that I probably should jump into the shower. I enjoy the feeling of the water run over me. The buzz from the night had died down and I just kept going over the image that I saw when I went into that office.

Xavier was sitting in the office chair with his legs wide apart and his dick out of his pants and in his hand. There was a girl, probably one of the clubs scuppers, in front of him who was bending down onto her knees and it looked like she was about to go down on him.

I shivered at the thought of what I saw and then I started to get mad at myself. Why am I so upset about this, I hate him, what he does in his life is none of my business.

I flicked off the shower and dried myself while looking back in the mirror. I'd never really looked at myself since the funeral, I'm so glad that Annie had cut my hair, I could not even remember the last time I had my hair cut.

I wrapped the towel around me and headed to my room, closing my door as I headed towards the closet. Out of the corner of my eye I catch a slight movement. Quickly taking in my surroundings, my mind searches for a weapon.

The movement came closer, so I went with my instincts and lunge at the person, putting my whole body into knocking them to the floor. I pinned them to the ground by sitting on their body and holding their arms above their head.

"You picked the wrong fucking room to break into buddy. What the fuck are you doing in my room." I growled.

"Lia, it's me." I hear a familiar gravely voice hiss.
I move so that I can look at his face and realised it was him, Xavier. I let go of his arms but I don't get off him.
"You didn't answer my question, what are you doing in my room?" I ask again.

"I had to see you, I had to explain what you saw." Xavier says.
"You don't have to explain anything to me Xavier, what you do is your business. It's got nothing to do with me." I reply as I try to get up off o him.

Xavier lets out a breath and swears. "Lia, why do you always make these things so hard. It's all to do with you."

I look at his face, waiting for the catch. "You have 2 minutes to explain it to me." I reply while I adjust myself to straddle his stomach.