Chapter 6

20 years ago.

"Xavier! Get the fuck out of my room!" I yell as he bounces on my bed. He straddles me, pinning down my arms, while he tickles me.

"Come on Lia, you promised to help with Slaters party. You remember our deal. I be nice to you and you help set up the party." Xavier replies.

I'd made a deal with the devil. Slater, Xaviers brother, was turning 18 and Xavier and his dad had convinced me to help organise the party. Slater and I were sort of friends, well he was like a big helper in stopping Xavier from picking on me all the time. He actually became a bit of a confidant for me and he was always hanging around cause he had the hots for my best friend - Carrie.

"Alright, get off me so that I can get changed." I say as I push him off. He goes and sits on the end of my bed.
"Oi! Can you leave my room, I need to get dressed." I say to him.
"Chill out, it's not like I'm going to look at you." Xavier replies.
"DAD! Xavier won't get out of my room!" I yell to my dad. I heard him in the hallway chuckle and open the door. "Come in son, we don't need her throwing things at you again." My dad says.

Xavier hops up and follows my dad. Dad gives me a wink as he shuts the door.

————
What a day, I practically did everything, "thanks for your help Xavier" I huff to myself as he is still busy setting up the one job he has done, the alcohol.

The party is in the Wanderers Club house bar, I thought it would be a fitting place as Slater loved coming here and now that he could 'legally drink' why not get his dad to pour his first one.

Mickey Tanner is the leader of the Wanderers Motor Cycle club and is also Slater & Xaviers dad. He is such a fierce looking man but I knew he was such a gentle giant. His one rule for the bar was that he poured the drinks cause that way he could monitor what everyone had. He actually never drinks, said he gave up drinking when Slater was born and never looked back.

I've finished hanging the last of the pictures on the wall. They are 18 years of embarrassing photos of Slater growing up. It was actually his mum's idea.

Carrie runs in with the last of the food with Aunty Maise from the bakery. They are all dressed ready to party, so I quickly duck away and get ready.

When I return I see Mrs Tanner with her arm around Carrie. She is talking to her about the amazing family portrait that she had drawn and asking her why she did not apply to go to some fancy art school. Carrie has her heart set on being a teacher. I tried to convince her in taking a year off to travel the world to see places like Paris or Rome but she always says that she has no need to go to those places.

I sneak up behind them and say "I've been on her case as well Mrs Tanner." Mrs Tanner pulls me into her left side and squeezes me.

"What am I going to do after you girls leave town? Amelia, have you told Xavier yet that you are leaving?" Mrs Tanner asks.

"Pfft, no! He could not care less if I'm here or not. As it is, his 'nice contract' ends as of now cause I finished my end of the deal and I bet he is dying to pick on me about something." I reply.

Mrs Tanner just giggles at me. "You too are as bad as each other." she says and then excuses herself to go and talk to Aunty Maise.

"So Slater will be here in 5 minutes! Everyone get into your places!" Mickey yells. We all find hiding spots, except for a few strategically placed club members who are there to provide the ambiance through the windows that it is a normal night at the club.

Not long after we hear Slaters booming voice as he enters the club house.

"SURPRISE!" We all yell as we jump out of our hiding places.

The party gets into full swing. Mickey does the honorary 'ID check and beer pour' for Slater while we all dance and have a good time.

Xavier grabs my arm and says "Well it's nearly midnight Lia, so our parlay will end soon. Before it does, can you come with me."

I look up at him and then back at Carrie who gives me the 'just go' eyes. I let Xavier drag me into a back room.

"Ok, so is this where you.." I don't even get the rest of my sentence out about how I think he is going to murder me before he is smashing his lips onto mine. I'm in shock, I don't even know what I'm supposed to do. I take a lead from him by following his moves until I feel that he is enjoying this as he starts to get a little more forceful. His left hand is holding the back of my head and his right hand starts to run up my side. He then nibbles on my bottom lip and as I let out a small moan my mouth opens which he gladly takes as an invitation to stick his tongue in down my throat. He begins to push himself closer to me while I nervously place my hands on his chest. I can feel his heart beat pumping through his chest.

Just as I'm starting to get the hang of this, the door flies open with Drew and Cole, Xaviers best mates, laughing at us. We break apart straight away.

"What the fuck as you doing with Amelia Daniels, Xavier?" Cole shouts. I am shocked that they are here and not out there with all the other people.
"I promised I'd break her 'never been kissed' drought'. Might as well cause who would really kiss her." Xavier replies as he goes to high five Mitch.

I just look at him and start to tear up. I push past them all and storm out into the bar. Carrie is talking to Slater and sees me straight away. She pulls away from him and grabs me as I go to storm out the door.

"What happened Amelia?" Carrie asked. I just look at her with tears in my eyes. She looks back the way I came and see Xavier and the boys laughing.

I leave the club and walk home.