1.1.1

The Vanishing of Will Byers

Benji

"Do you hear that? Listen..."

Its late evening in Hawkins, Indiana when five boys sit around a table in the Wheeler's basement. They're in the midst of a Dungeons and Dragons campaign and the atmosphere is beginning to become tense.

"Something is coming...something hungry for blood," the boy with a black bowl cut continues, staring into his friends eyes intensely, "A shadow grows on the wall behind you... swallowing you in darkness...it is almost here..."

Leaning forward in anticipation, the smaller boy with a brunette bowl cut speaks up, "what is it?"

Before the boy in question could answer, the curly haired boy interrupts from beside him, "What if it's the Demogorgon? We are so screwed if it's the demogorgon-"

"It's not the Demogorgon-" the darker skinned boy cuts in before he's interrupted by a boy with strawberry blonde hair.

"Well, it could be the Demogorgon."

Mike, the boy with the black bowl cut, waits for them to settle down before continuing, "An army of Troglodytes charge into the chamber! Their tales drum the floor...Boom!..Boom!..Boom!"

"Troglodytes?!" Dustin, the curly haired boy, panics.

"Wait..do you hear that?" The other boys lean forward hesitantly. "Boom!..Boom!..Boom! That sound, it didn't come from the troglodytes. No..it came from something else..."

All of a sudden, Mike slams a two headed monster onto the board, "The Demogorgon." he states loudly as the others stare at the playing piece.

"We are in deep shit!" Dustin exclaims frantically.

"Will, your action." Mike yelled causing the smaller boy to gulp.

"I-I don't know" he replies as the other begin to jump in.

"Fireball him!"

"I'd have to roll a thirteen or higher" Will rambles in response to Lucas, the darker skinned boy's, advice.

"Too risky," Dustin comments in agreement, "Cast a protection spell."

"Don't be a wimp! Fireball him!"

"He's not a wimp Lucas, casting protection would be more probable to succeed!" Benji, the strawberry blonde, defends his friend.