1.4.2

The Body

Missy

The party ride their bikes to school and before long they are heading through the corridors to the HeathKit.

"Okay remember, if anyone sees us...look sad." Mike explains to El as the others send sad faces in her direction.

"Attention student. There will be an assembly to honour Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period."

Mike attempts to open the door before leaning against it, "It's locked."

"What?" Lucas attempts to open the door, only to get the same result.

Dustin, getting an idea, turns to El, "Hey, do you think you can open it? With your powers?"

Before she can answer, Mr Clarke appears from around the corner, "Boys?"
The boys all obviously flinch and Missy rolls her eyes at them.

"Assembly's about to start." the teacher informs them and Mike is the one to speak.

"We know, we're just...you know."

"Upset." Lucas smiles before realising what he was doing and pouting.

"Yeah, definitely upset." Dustin stutters and Benji is next to talk,

"We need some time to be alone."

"To cry." Missy states bluntly, a stone cold expression contradicting her words.

"Listen, I get it - I do. I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, huh?" the teacher requests, "And then the HeathKit is all yours for the rest of the day." He throws the keys to Mike, "What do you say?"

He then notices El, "Oh, I don't believe we've met. What's your name?"

"Eleve-"

"Eleanor!" Missy cuts her off and Mike speaks up,

"She's my uh-"

"Cousin!" Lucas interjects,

"Second cousin." Dustin holds up two fingers.

"She's here for Will's funeral." Benji sighs and Mr Clarke nods,

"Well, welcome to Hawkins Middle, Eleanor. I wish you were here under better circumstances."