3.5.1

The Flayed

Lexie

Everyone screams as the elevator drops further and further down. The strawberry blonde girl wraps her arms around Lottie tightly as fearful tears run down the Kennedy girl's cheeks.

"We're going down! We're going down! We're going down!"

"Yeah, no shit, Harrington!" Both Robin and Lexie yell in sync as Dustin presses multiple buttons at once,

"Why don't these buttons work!" He screeches and Erica rushes over to his side,

"Push the button!"

"What do you think I'm doing?!"

"Come on, press something! Just press the button!" Steve yells from the other side of the elevator.

"I don't wanna die!" Lottie cries from her position in the older girl's arms, "I'm too cute to die!"

"You're not gonna die, Lottie!" Lexie tries to calm the girl but she continues her rambling,

"I can't die yet! I never even got to tell Evan Peterson that I like him, and I never even got to tell Heather M that her striped sweater is out of style!"

Suddenly, the elevator hits the ground and they all fall the the floor with a grunt.

"My groin! It fell on my groin." Steve complains before yelling for Dustin to lift the box off of him.

"Is everyone okay?" Robin asks, holding a hand to the back of her head where she had hit the shelf behind her, "Lex? Are you okay?"

Before the Nelson girl can reply, Steve yells, "Yeah, I'm great! Now that I know that Russians can't design elevators." He then opens the control box and Robin stands up,

"Okay, we've clearly established that those buttons don't work."

"They're buttons - they have to do something."

"Yeah, if we had a keycard!" Lexie points out, agreeing with Robin.

"What?"

"It's an electronic lock, idiot, if we don't have a keycard it won't operate meaning-"

"We're stuck in here." Dustin sighs and Lexie nods,

"Exactly."

"Just so you nerds are aware," Erica speaks up, "We're supposed to be spending the night at Tina's and Tina always covers for us, but if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my Mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down one by one and slit your throats!"