1.8.1

The Upside Down

Benji

Once Lexie has calmed down, Benji and Missy lead her back into the gym - only seeing the three boys and El sitting on the bleachers.

"Where's everyone else?" Benji inquires as they take a seat.

"Nancy and Jonathon disappeared and Hopper, Joe and Joyce went to find Will."

"Disappeared?" Missy asks from her place beside the boy.

"They're probably just sucking faces somewhere." Dustin comments, earning a slight snicker from the oldest in the room.

"Gross."

"No, no way!"

"Did they go with the chief?" Missy offers and Mike replies,
"I don't know."

"No." Eleven speaks up.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?"

"Yes."

"Where? Where did they go?"

"Demogorgon."

"Oh shit..." Miss sighs, her head leaning into Benji's shoulder.

"Guys, this is crazy - we can't just wait around!"

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." Lucas challenges the boy and Dustin quickly adds to his point,
"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is."

"El can find them."

Benji looks over at the girl who is almost unconscious and shakes his head with disagreement, "I don't think so, look at her Mike."

Dustin soon continues, "I still think we should stick to the chief's plan."

"Exactly, we stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe - that's the most important thing, remember? Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan."

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..." Dustin adds before heading in the opposite direction.

"Where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!"

"I am, I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, lunch lady Phyllis hoards that shit."

"Are you serious?" Mike yells while Missy chuckles at her friend.