1.1.2

The Vanishing of Will Byers

Missy

Melissa Kennedy is a bitch.
Well, that's what you would probably hear when walking through Hawkins middle school, and to a certain extent... it's true.

Melissa, or as she prefers to be called Missy, has her walls up so high that only few people dare to speak to her - those being the popular crowd at school. The ones who shame and bully, the ones who don't care what people think of them as long as they're on top, the complete opposites to Missy's old friends.

The brunette girl struts into school once her sister has been dropped off safely at her elementary school. Her icy blue eyes scan the crowd lazily before she spots her friends. If she could even call them that.

A pretty girl with a red perm spots her first, she sends her a very fake smile and waves her freshly manicured hand. Missy resist the urge to roll her eyes as she approaches.

"Hey, Stacey how are you today?" She asks the girl who just sends a short reply of 'great'.

"Omg, Miss don't look now...but Troy is totally checking you out!" A tanned girl with a black perm, Meg Roberts squeals slightly while looking behind Missy.

Ignoring Meg's comment, the Kennedy girl turns to see Troy Walsh - a brunette boy and well known bully in the school - looking her up and down like she's a piece of meat.

Failing to hide her disgust, Missy turns back the the girls "Gross."

"Gross?!" Julia, the final girl retorts with wide eyes, "Miss, Troy is one of the hottest guys in our grade! Your lucky that he's even looking at you."

Ignoring the backhanded compliment, Melissa simply shrugged, "Then you go out with him."

"Missy, are you for real right now?" Stacey snaps with a disappointed look as the three leave her standing alone and enter the school.

She stays for a moment, unsure of her next move, before a loud voice catches her attention, "Step right up, ladies and gentlemen, step right up and get your tickets to the freak show!"

Troy, along with his best friend James, stands in front of Lucas, Mike, Dustin and Benji. Parading around like some ring master, glancing Missy's way every so often to see if she's watching,

"Hey, Missy" he calls to the dark haired girl who simply watches emotionlessly, "Who do you think would make more money at a freak show: Frog face, midnight, toothless or the cry baby?" He points to Mike, Lucas, Dustin and Benji respectively.