3.2.2

The Mall Rats

Missy

Missy walks up to the front door of Max's house with furrowed brows, slightly confused because her friend had told her that she would be skating outside as she waited for her but is nowhere to be seen.

Deciding Max probably just changed her mind, Missy knocks on the door and waits for a few minutes, freezing slightly when Billy Hargrove opens the door, cigarette in hand and a certain look in his eyes that sends a cold chill down Missy's spine.

"Ah, if it isn't Missy Kennedy," Billy blows the smoke in the girl's direction with a smirk, "Max's cool friend."

Missy curses herself for the flutter of excitement she got from being complimented by the older boy. Despite being a bad person, Missy had never really gotten over her small crush on her best friends older brother - however, she is finally willing to admit that he's way too old for her anyway.

"Is Max here?" Missy questions, acting unaffected by Billy's presence, "I'm sleeping over tonight."

"Nope - she left with some little brunette." He shrugs before a cold look enters his eyes and a smirk on his face, "I could drive you, if you want?"

Missy contemplates his offer, something in the back of her mind saying that it would be a terrible idea to go with Billy. However, ultimately deciding she needed to get to the mall one way or another and going with him would mean she didn't need to pay for the bus, Missy nods, "Alright."

Billy smirks and grabs his lifeguard bag, "I'm heading to work anyway."

Missy's brows furrow when he leads her towards a random car. He notices her confusion and shrugs, "It's a friend's car - mine is...getting repairs."

Missy takes a shaky breath before getting into the car with the boy - the sinking feeling about the situation only getting worse the further they drive away from the house.

It's when they pass the mall that panic begins to settle in her stomach, "You missed the turning." Missy points out and Billy turns to her with a chilling smile,

"No I didn't."

Missy grabs the handle and tries to yank the door open but it's locked, "Let me out." She says as she pulls at the handle, the wind outside begins to blow through the trees wildly, "I'm not playing, Billy, let me out!"

Billy stares straight ahead as he puts his foot down on the accelerator, "Don't he scared." He mutters, "He doesn't want you to be scared, Melissa."