1.7.1

The Bathtub

Missy

Missy peddles as quick as she can, attempting to keep up with the two boys ahead of her. Upon coming to the realisation that the men in Hawkins Lab were in fact bad men, the three rushed down from the tree and onto their bikes; Missy scuffing her boots on the way.

"Yes, I copy!" the boy wearing a bandana screams into his walkie, "Do you? They know about Eleven! Get out of there, they know about Eleven! The bad men are coming - all of them! Do you hear me? The bad men are coming!"

"Lucas!" Dustin's voice can be heard from the machine, "They're on us!"

"Where are you?!"

"Cornwallis."

"Meet us at Elm and Cherry!" Lucas replied before signalling to the others to follow his lead as he turns.

From the distance, Missy recognises Dustin's red and blue hat and sighs in relief. They quickly pull up when they meet.

"Where are they?" Benji worries and the two boys speak up.

"I don't know."
"I think we lost them."

Suddenly, two of the white vans turn the corner causing panic to spread through the group, "Shit! Move it, airheads- go, go, go, go!"

Another van turns the corner and heads towards them, right there Missy can see her fate of being squished into one of Benji's mother's chocolate crepes. Cutting her thoughts short, the van in front flies through the air and lands with a crash behind them, blocking the road from the other vans.

With the boys stunned into silence, Missy speaks up, "Holy shit, that was a power move if I've ever seen one!"
-
-
Riding into the junk yard, Dustin jumps off his bike in shock, "Holy shit...did you see that van?"

"No Dustin, we missed it."

"Well that was..that was-" Lucas soon cuts off Dustin's rambling.

"Awesome...it was awesome," Missy watched as the boy approaches El, "Everything I said about you being a traitor and stuff...I was wrong. I'm sorry."

"Friends...friends don't lie," the bald girl responds, "I'm sorry too."

Missy feels eyes on her and glances up to the slightly taller strawberry blonde boy. He gives her a small smile with a knowing look and she takes a deep breath before stepping forward.