2.9.1

The Gate

Missy

El and Mike meet each other halfway and share a strong embrace. Both with tears streaming down their cheeks, not wanting to let each other go again.

"Is that..?" Max questions and Lucas nods in response.

Pulling away from their hug, Mike speaks, "I never gave up on you. I called you every night, every night for-"

"353 days." El finishes, "I heard."

Mike furrows his brows, "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper answers, sending shock through the room. The police chief brings her in for a hug, "Where you been?"

"Where have you been?" She responds with a small glare.

"You've been hiding her." Mike realises, "You've been hiding her this whole time!" He shoves Hopper.

"Hey! Let's talk." Hopper says sternly, "Alone." With that he leads the boy out the room.

El then brings Dustin and Lucas in for a hug, which they happily reciprocate.

"We missed you." Lucas tells the girl and she smiles softly,

"I missed you too."

"We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin grins which makes Eleven furrow her brows. The girl then reaches forward and touched the boy's teeth,

"Teeth."

"What?"

"You have teeth."

The boys share a laugh and he smiles, "Oh, you like these pearls?" He then let's put a purr which makes Missy cringe,

"I thought we told you not to do that, Dustin."

Eleven focuses her attention on the raven haired girl and sends her a small smile, "Like me?"

Missy looks to Benji, who sends her an encouraging nod, before stepping forward, "Yeah..I guess I'm like you now, huh?"

"Bitchin" El grins and Missy smirks,

"Yeah, bitchin!"

Benji chuckles and pulls Eleven in for a short hug, "Loving the new look," he smiles warmly at his friend, "Very cool!"

"Eleven?" Max speaks up as she steps forward with a smile, "Hey..uh, I'm Max." She holds a hand out for El to shake, "I've heard a lot about you."