1.2.2

The Weirdo On Maple Street

Benji

"Oh this is weird, he's never late."

Benji is currently sat in Mr Clarke's science lesson with Dustin and Lucas - Mike hasn't turned up for class. As Lucas and Dustin talk, the boy turns to sneak a glance at the brunette girl at the back on the room.

"I'm telling you, his stupid plan failed."

Benji watches as Missy blows bubbles with her gum while staring blankly forwards, ignoring whatever drama Stacey is ranting on about to her.

"I thought you liked his plan?" Dustin exclaimed, bringing Benji's attention back onto them.

"Yeah, but obviously it was stupid or he'd be here."

"If his mom found out a girl spent the night-"

"He's in deep shit right about now." Lucas cuts him off.

"We all are." Benji adds.

Dustin leans towards the other boys and lowers his voice, "Hey, what if she slept naked?"

The other boys rolled their eyes, "Oh my god, she didn't."

"You're disgusting."

"Oh, if Mrs Wheeler tells my parents..." Dustin begins to panic.

"No way, Mike would never rat us out!" Benji reassures him.

"I don't know-"

"Look, all that matters is after school the freak will be back in the loony bin, and we can focus on what really matters - finding Will."

-
-
After school, the boys take their bikes and ride round the corner to meet Missy - out of sight of anyone who could tell her 'friends' she was meeting them.

They ride to Mikes house, engaging in conversation and theories as to why Mike wasn't in school, and before long they enter his bedroom to see Mike and the bald girl.

"Are you out of your mind?" Lucas questions Mike who attempts to shut him up.

"Just listen to me-"

"You are out of your mind!"

"She knows about Will!" This catches everyone's attention.