1.3.1

Holly Jolly

Benji

"We'll just tell our parents we have Av club after school," the group gathers around the table in Mike's basement, while eleven sits on the couch playing with a walkie talkie, "That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

"You seriously think the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asks while exchanging a look with Missy.

"Just trust me on this, okay?" Mike replies, a determined look in his eyes.

"You got the supplies?" Benji asks from his place beside Missy.

"Yeah," Lucas exclaims while pulling things out of his backpack, "Binoculars...from 'Nam, Army knife..also from 'Nam. Hammer, Camouflage bandana...and the wrist rocket."

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin mocks before Lucas interjects,

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real - it's made up. But if there is something out there.. I'm gonna shoot it in the eye and blind it!"

"Yeah right, you'd be dead before you could shoot it in the eye." Missy laughs and he sends her a sarcastic smile.

Ignoring them, Mike turns to Dustin, "Dustin, what did you get?" Said boy takes his backpack and dumps the contents onto the table.

"Well, alrighty. So, we've got...Nutty bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana and trail mix." He finishes, proud of his collection.

"Seriously?" Lucas asks unimpressed, at the same time that Missy asks, "Did you get extra gum?" To which Dustin throws her another pack before turning back to Lucas,

"We need energy for our travels - for stamina. Besides, why do we need weapons anyway? We have her." He gestures to El.

"She shut one door!" Missy groans and both Dustin and Benji interject, "With her mind!"

"Are you kidding me? That's insane!" Dustin continues, "Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. Like...I bet she could make this fly!" He holds up the millennium falcon, "Hey, okay concentrate, okay?"

Dustin let's go and the toy falls straight to the floor, "Okay, one more time!" He repeats his actions gaining the same result, "Okay, use your powers okay?" It falls again.

Mike rushes over and picks up the toy, "She's not a dog!" Missy let's out a small bark, much to Benji's amusement.

"Boys, Missy! Time for school!" Karen yells from upstairs and the group rush to get their things together. Dustin, Lucas, Benji and Missy head upstairs, leaving Mike to talk to El.
-
-
As they bike to school, they all pull in around the corner and look to Missy expectantly. She bites her lip in thought and Benji feels the hope rising in his chest but it's quickly deflated by her next words.