1.6.2

The Monster

Benji

Benj and Missy sit beside eachother on Lucas' couch while he paces.

"You okay, man?" Benji asks carefully and his friend turns to face the two,

"I just can't believe he would fight with me over a traitor...like, we were right all along but he still defended her!"

"I know, Luke," Missy sighs and glances between the two boys, "But hey, at least we still have each other."

"Yeah, we're here for you." Benji adds with a bright smile.

"I liked it better when you were the only girl in our party," Lucas gestures to his brunette friend, "It's less complicated when nobody is acting all lovey dovey..." upon saying this, he casts a quick glance at Benji.

Missy laughs, "Lovey dovey?"

"What? It's true, Mike is obsessed with that girl."

"I guess," Missy snickers, "I mean, he basically went from not knowing the girl to loving her in the space of a week...not even that."

They are interrupted by the sound of the doorbell and they share knowing looks,

"Speak of the devil." Benji hears the girl mutter and he cracks a small smile.

"Be right back." Lucas sighs before storming towards the door.

"You okay? You're pretty quiet." Missy turns to the strawberry blonde boy, who happens to already be look at her.

"I'm okay, Miss," he smiles softly, "I just don't like when people fight."

The girl places her hand on top of his and smiles warmly at the boy, "I know...but you know them, they'll probably be friends by the end of the day."

Benji nods at her words and she leans over and pulls him into a hug. The smell of bubblegum and mint envelopes his senses and he relaxes quickly into her embrace - only to pull away when the others enter the room.

Lucas resumes his pacing in thought, while the other two boys stand in front of him, Benji and Missy remaining on the couch.

"Okay," Lucas crosses his arms, "I'll shake."

Mike reached his hand out with a sigh of relief only for Lucas to continue,

"On one condition, we forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate."