1.5.2

The Flea and the Acrobat

Missy

Mike finishes his demonstration of what Mr Clarke had told them, filling in El with their new knowledge.
"It would take a lot of energy to build a gate like this, but that's got to be what happened. Otherwise how'd Will get there, right?"

"Right."

Lucas moves to stand in front in the girl, "What we want to know is, do you know where the gate is?"

She shakes her head making Missy groan loudly and Benji blurt out, "Then how do you know about the Upside Down?"

"I bet she's lying," Missy can't help but comment, "We've barely known her a week - how do we know she isn't just using us for shelter and food?"

Mike glares but Benji speaks up before he can, "Missy, let's just give her the benefit of the doubt, okay?"

"Dustin, what are you doing?" Mike bring attention to Dustin's pacing.

"Dustin? Dustin?"

"Dustin?!"

"I need to see your compasses." the curly haired boy requests.

"What?"

"Your compasses, all of your compasses right now." He speaks up slightly and Missy's face forms a perplexed look when she notices the boys throwing compasses on the table.

"Who the hell carries compasses, weirdos."

"Us, weirdo." Benji replies with a smile and she just shakes her head amused.

"What's exciting about this?" Mike asks as he stares at the compasses.

"Well, they're all facing north right?"

This causes Benji's eyebrows to lift in realisation, "Holy shit..."

Not quite coming to the same conclusion, Lucas speaks up, "Yeah, so?"

"Well, that's not true north."

"Holy shit..." Missy states, now on the same wavelength of both Dustin and Benji.

"What do you mean?" Mike questions, glancing at the three in confusion.

"I mean exactly what I just said - that's not true north."