1.3.2

Holly Jolly

Missy

After school, Missy heads over to the bike racks only to be stopped by Troy.

"Hey, Missy," the boy starts, looking the girl up and down, "What was that earlier?"

"What was what?" Missy rolls her eyes.

"You and the losers, why'd you try and humiliate me in front of them?"

"What are you talking about, Troy?"

The boy rolls his eyes, "You were defending the losers, why?"

"I was defending myself," she corrects only for him to scoff at her,

"Yeah, sure." She begins to mount her bike as he continues, "So, what? Are you friends with them again or something?"

When she stays quiet he laughs, "Holy shit, you are! Oh just wait 'till Stacey hears about this."

"Why would she need to know?"

"I think she would want to know that her best friend is hanging around with losers."

She turns to him completely, "Will you stop calling them that? Okay, I admit it we are friends again! And they may be losers but I used to be one too - at least they aren't fake. And they don't look me up and down like I'm a piece of meat every five seconds." She sends Troy a look.

"Once this gets around school, you're gonna be the laughing stock of our grade." He warns her, "Are you sure that's what you want? All you have to do to stop it is ditch them."

"I'm sick of pretending to be something I'm not just for the sake of people like you, so go ahead...tell Stacey and then she can tell Meg and Julia and they'll tell everyone else. I don't care because I know that I will still have real friends who care about me."

With that she takes off on her bike around the corner, leaving a gobsmacked Troy stood by the racks.
-
-
The boys and Missy ride there bikes to where Mike had told Eleven to meet them. As they arrive, they spot the girl staring blankly at the fence.

"El, you okay?" Mike asks and she nods. He turns his bike around and taps the seat, "Hop on, we only have a few hours."

They ride their bikes until the path becomes too rough and then they jump off and walk, pushing their bikes besides them. Mike and El are at the front, Dutin and Lucas behind them, Benji and Missy at the back - each are engaging in their own conversation.