1.2.1

The Weirdo On Maple Street

Missy

"Is there a number we can call? For your parents?" Missy heard Mike question as she heads out of the bathroom, after washing the makeup from her face.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin inquires, earning an elbow in the ribs from Benji.

"Did you run away?" Lucas asks.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike blurts out.

"Do you want some gum?" Missy offers awkwardly, unsure of what to do. Upon seeing Benji shake his head, she withdraws her hand and pops the gum into her own mouth instead.

"Is that blood?" Lucas points to an obvious ketchup stain on the bald girls shirt before Mike slaps his hand away,

"Stop it! Your freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas argues back.

"I bet she deaf." Dustin comments, clapping his hands making the girl flinch,
"Not deaf." Benji concludes.

"Alright, that's enough!" Missy stops the boys from scaring her any more.

"Yeah, she's just scared and cold," Mike explains while grabbing some clothes from the laundry basket - the bald girl flinches from the thunder and Missy narrows her eyes slightly in confusion, "Here, these are clean. Okay?" Mike hands her the clothes.

The girl accepts the clothes cautiously and stands up, she shakes of Mikes jacket which was laid across her shoulders and reaches for the bottom of her shirt. Luckily, before she can take it off Missy quickly grabs her hands - meanwhile the boys all yell in panic.

"See over there?" She nods to the bathrooms, "Privacy, get it?"

The girl says nothing but grabs the clothes and makes her way over to the bathroom, Mike following after her to close the door. She holds the door though, before it can close completely.

"You don't want it closed?" The boy asks confused and she shakes her head,

"No."

"Oh, so you can speak. Okay, well...um, how about we just keep the door...like this? Better?" He questions, the door open around three inches.

"Yes." The girl nods before Mike walks back to his friends.

"This is mental." Dustin states.