2.4.1

Will the Wise

Benji

Benji, Missy, Dustin and Max rush through the halls shouting the name of their missing friend. Not looking where he is going, Benji walks right into Joyce Byers.

He steps back, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment as he apologises, "Sorry, Mrs Byers - I didn't see you there-"

Joyce brushes the boy off as she speaks, "What's going on? Where's Will?"

Suddenly the doors swing open as Lucas catches their attention, "The field!"

The group share a quick panicked look before chasing after the boy and onto the school field - Benji grabbing Missy's hand in order to help the shorter girl keep up.

"I just found him like this!" Mike yells when he sees the group, a frozen Will by his side, "I think he's having another episode!"

Joyce grabs the boy by the shoulders, repeatedly yelling his name in order to try and wake him from his trance.

Benji feels tears trickle down his cheeks as his worry for his friend begins to envelope him. The grip on his hand tightens and he glances towards Missy, who is watching him anxiously.

"You okay?" she mouths and Benji doesn't answer, he simply slings an arm over her shoulders and pulls her into a tight embrace, seeking comfort from the brunette girl.

A loud gasp brings their focus back to the group, Will snaps out of his episode and is immediately pulled into a hug from his mother.

"Will, are you okay?" Benji asks, tears still staining his cheeks.

The smaller boy nods his head slightly, in shock to the events in his episode. Joyce guides him into the school and out towards the car, the rest of the party following behind.

Missy and Benji lag behind the group slightly until Missy pulls the boy to a stop. Without saying a word, she reaches up and wipes his tears with her sleeve before gently pecking his nose and pulling him into a hug. "Everything's gonna be okay, Ben. Will is gonna be fine - he's just in shock...I can tell you're still worried, but everything will be okay."

Benji tightens his hold on the girl as he relaxes into her embrace, "What would I do without you, Miss?"

"Die of a panic attack."

He chuckles slightly before pecking her forehead and pulling away, leading her out to their bikes by the hand. They say their goodbyes to the group before making their way to Missy's house for family dinner.