2.1.1

MADMAX

Benji

Benji rushes around his house in search of whatever change he can find. It's a few days before Halloween and an arcade had opened up earlier on the the year - the party have become obsessed to say the least.

"What are you doing, Benji?" Lexie asks as her brother bursts through the bedroom door.

"Do you have any money for the arcade? Please?" The boy answers her quickly. He had changed slightly in looks since the year before - he had grown taller and his voice slightly deeper...puberty had definitely hit him much sooner than the other boys in the party.

Lexie sighs before leaning over to her bedside cabinet and opening the drawer, pulling out a small money box. "How much?"

"Just enough to play some games..maybe buy something from the vending machine." Benji shrugs nonchalantly causing a teasing smile to light up his sister's face.

"And would this something happen to be a pack of Bazooka Bubblegum?" she hands him some change and watches as his face flushed lightly.

"Shut up, Lexie," he leaves the room before shouting, "Thank you!"

"Benji, do you copy?"

Benji swiftly scoops up his walkie and answers, "Yeah, Dustin - I copy."

"Lucas and I have six dollars total, Mike hasn't found anything yet. What's your haul?"

Quickly counting his change, Benji responds, "Lexie gave me some money - I have 5 dollars."

"Holy shit! Wait...how much of that is actually going towards the game?"

"Four dollars..."

"Benji!"

"What? She likes bubblegum."

"Yeah, and she also has a huge collection of it at home. Whatever, just go meet Missy - we'll meet you guys there. Over and out."

Sighing slightly, Benji packs his walkie and money into a backpack before leaving the house, shouting goodbye to his family. Getting on his bike, Benji travels the long way to the arcade so that he can meet up with Missy on the way.
-
-
Benji and Missy pull up to the arcade and see the other four boys waiting for them.

"Finally, Jesus you guys are always late." Mike complains and Missy rolls her eyes,

"And you're always miserable but we don't complain."