𝟎𝟕𝟒

"𝙸𝚝 𝚆𝚊𝚜 𝚂𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝙱𝚎 𝚊 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘴𝘵. 𝘴𝘦𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘯'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭
𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕠𝕠𝕟

     EMILY sits in Hotch's hospital room, picking at her fingernails.  The team comes walking down the hallway, Emily standing to greet them with the sad news.

"He still isn't conscious yet," Emily says to JJ, Derek, and Dave.

"You sure it was Foyet?" Dave asks as JJ and Morgan stare at Aaron through the door.

"He had Morgan's credentials," Emily mentions.

"Did they catch him on the security cam?" Morgan asks.

"You could see him dropping Hotch off, but the camera's only on the entrance, so I have no idea what direction he went once he left the hospital," Emily explains.

"It doesn't make sense for him to have brought Hotch to the E.R." JJ notes as she shakes her head.

"We know Foyet gets off on power and control," Rossi interjects, "Maybe what he wants is for Hotch to know his life was in his hands."

"He could do that without risking the hospital," Morgan states.

"Agents, he's waking up," The doctor says as she comes out of the room, "Remember, he's weak.  Don't push him."

The four agents nod subtly and walk into the room.  They stand around Hotch's bed, his eyes still closed.  They all look at him with pain and worry in their eyes.  Maybe that is why Hotch does not open his eyes at first; he is scared to see his team vulnerable.

"Where am I?" Hotch asks with a croaky voice.

"In the hospital," Rossi replies.

"How did I get here?" Aaron inquires, fearing the answer he believes is true.

"Foyet drove you," Morgan says.

"Can you remember what happened?" Emily asks softly.

Aaron seems to fall into a flashback.  He threw his keys on the table, dropped his briefcase on the couch.  All he wanted was a drink.  He remembers taking a sip of whiskey and hearing a gun cock behind him.

"You should have made a deal."

"What did he take?" Aaron asks.

"What do you mean?" Dave replies.

"The Reaper always takes something from his victims," Hotch explains, "Do we know what he took?"

"There was a page missing from your day planner in the address section, the B's," Emily says, making Aaron open his eyes and look up at her.

"What did he leave?"

"I don't know," Emily replies.

"He also leaves something with his victims," Aaron says, closing his eyes again.

"I looked all over your apartment, nothing felt out of place," Emily says.  JJ watches Hotch, not having the heart to speak up.

"Where are my clothes?" Hotch asks, wanting to go through his belongings.  He knows Foyet would leave something.

Emily picks up the bag that has all of Aaron's belongings that were on him when he arrived at the hospital.  He pulls out a package that has Morgan's credentials in it, opening it to find a picture folded inside.

A picture of Haley and Jack.

"Haley's maiden name is Brooks," Hotch says breathlessly, the situation becoming a million times worse, "I always listed her in the B's in my personal information in case it fell into the wrong hands."