PROTECTING THE KINGDOM

AYUDHIK

I simply stared at my poor excuse of the father and king. My mother loved him and got married but being a commonor he left her to rot in slums. Untill Queen Bhumi came to know about us she literally begged my mother to come to palace and live with her. My mother died soon after and I was raised by her. She treated me like her own son. When her daughter was crowned as Yurani she protested saying it was my place not her's. But my mother being a commonor and their marriage never acknowledged by elders I have no power and authority. I left the capital at age of 10 to get knowledge. Alekhya was only 6 at that time.

"What are you doing here Ayudhik ?" He asked. His eyes are bulging out.
"Well that's no way to welcome your son father." I said rolling my eyes. I don't know how he ruled over such a large kingdom for a such a long time. "Well we don't have time for this petty family reunions. Maha Mantri why don't you get the orders ready and I take care of the traitors." I asked Maha Mantri. Completely ignoring my pathetic father.

"But what about my daughter ?" He asked. In which world he is living. That girl is sharper than all of us combined. She definitely lighted her own palace for escaping and will be on her way to kill that damn excuse of Senapati and Chanchala. If she had not killed them till now. "Yeah. You must send soilders to collect her ashes." I said. My voice dripping with sarcasm. "It will take more than a stupid fire to kill her maybe an army of 1000 or 2000." I added as I exited the meeting room. I can hear voices in fort. I took out my sword as I neared the place where Senapati's faction people are residing. They are less in numbers only 300-400 inside fort. Most of them are out of the fort in city. I looked over the bustling city. I can feel that Alekhya is somewhere out there fighting for well being of kingdom. I can only hope for good.

KARNA

I wiped my sword clean after sinking it in one of traitor commander's neck. He was trying to set fire at arsenal with 15 of his subordinates. "Waste of good talent." My secondary in commander said.
"Indeed." I replied. Before asking "How is the operation going on ?"
"Maharaj had ordered to arrest the traitorous ministers and officials. Pratap had taken the lead but the many of them are already dead along with their trusted warriors. Maha Mantri is not surprised by all of it but he wants to meet you." He reported. "Keep in mind there should me no change in our plans even if I was killed or worse thrown in dungeons for acting without orders." He nodded as I walked away to meet Maharaj.

"Maharaj" I greeted him as I entered the room to find him sitting on the head chair meant for him. Maha Mantri is not to away from him standing. The room was very much ill lighted and the only light coming is from the window and the candles burning around. But I can clearly see the worry written on his face. I can't tell if it is for the kingdom and Yurani or if for his own power and authority. My gaze moved towards the window when a black figure entered the room using a rope. My hand went for my sword. In a single second it is on the person's neck. "Calm your horses man. I am here for help. I think you already came to know about my handiwork. Myself Ayudhik. I think maybe Alekhya told you about me." I put my sword back in the sheath. Yeah, he is her best friend cum adopted brother.

We looked towards Maharaj as he cleared his throat. "If you both are done talking. Maha Mantri had a news for sharing." We both looked towards Maha Mantri as he began to speak. "There is a news from our resources telling that Senapati must be somewhere out in the capital. Most probably South- east area. And there is still no news of Yurani." He looked towards the floor. I turned to find Ayudhik looking with a look that if it could kill both Maharaj and Maha Mantri would be died.

"I don't think so in this condition we can afford to leave the fort. There are so many treators roaming among us. We should work as quiet as possible so that they don't come to know that we know their plan. Only that way we can win in this situation. As for Senapati he will be somewhere near death if Alekhya hadn't killed him till now." They both visible flinched at the last statement. But it is true. I taught her personal. She will show no mercy to the persons who dare to cross her.