02

"such a baby"

"...Do you have a crush on him?" he asked.

I glared at him, "Why do you care? Even if I said no, you'll make fun of me at school anyway." i muttered.

He sighed, "I don't even make fun of you that much."

"You think that."

It was silent for a bit, i looked at him since he didn't answer back. He was just playing with his bracelet around his wrist. We have matching ones from when we were little. I'm surprised he still keeps his on.

I sigh, "Well, it doesn't bother me so don't worry."

I kind of lied, i just didn't want him to be guilty of his actions.

"Do you like him or not?" he asked, switching back to the original subject.

I shrugged, "What if i do?"

he shrugged as well, "I don't know. Nothing will change? You just have a crush on him."

I left the bed and sat down on my carpet, turning on my tv, "I want more than just having a crush on him." I admitted

He sat up, adjusting his posture, "What do you mean by that?"

I turned to him with a serious expression, "I want him to fall in love with me."

He stared at me, blinking twice with a straight-face before bursting out in laughter, "Why'd you say it like that?" he laughed while holding his stomach.

I turned my direction back to the tv, embarrassed.

His laughter died down, "You're not serious, are you?"

I stayed silent.

"Oh god, your serious."

I just ignored him, turning on my Nintendo switch and playing on the tv. I gave him one of the controllers so we could play together.

We played for about an hour, it distracted us from the conversation we had earlier.

After a while, i got tired of playing. He wanted to play still so i promised one more round before taking a break.

We had dinner in my room like usual. Whenever his family comes over, we just eat in my room since it's exhausting being stuck in old people's conversations.

I read webtoon while eating. He kept staring at me for whatever reason.

"Sena, do you think i'm more mature now?" he asks.

I reply with a mouthful, not taking my eyes off my phone, "Huh? I don't know. Your still a baby to me."

Niki

Sena was always teasing me when we were younger. I admired how cool she was, i still do. But nowadays, she's actually a lot more immature than i thought.

She always called me a crybaby, whenever i got hurt, she'd scold me for being careless but she'd still help me and treat my injuries.

When I first moved in next door, she was playing hopscotch by herself in her driveway. When she saw the mover's truck, she was in awe. As if she's never seen a big truck before.

We didn't talk on the first day, but i noticed her. Our parents on the other hand, they became friends right away.

We went to the same school as well, same class and everything. That's when we first started talking.

It was during lunch when we all had to play outside, i had no friends so i was playing in the gravel and carving out my name with a stick.

It was peaceful until i got hit in the head with a frisbee.