03

"don't fall"

Niki

I wonder how she'll feel after she finds out i wasn't serious from the start.

This was just a great opportunity for me to have fun and mess around for a bit.

Well, of course i'll do it. Just in a way she doesn't expect.

It's rare for her to take me seriously, but when it was about Hakun, she trusted me right away.

Hakun seemed like a simple guy as well, not on her level at all.

She needed someone better, someone who actually cared for her. Plus, I've never seen her talk to Hakun on a daily basis.

I was sitting on the bleachers, watching Hakun's basketball practice intensely while my friends were watching as well. Except, they were here for Heeseung, our older friend.

He's been on the team since his first year in highschool, he's pretty committed and good at it.

"Number 29 is pretty good." Jake mentioned.

The rest agreed, "Yeah, I heard he's a first year like us." jungwon added.

I raised a brow, "Who, Hakun?"

They all stared at me, "How do you know his name?" Jay asked.

"Sena has a fat crush on him, he's not even all that." I scoffed.

Jungwon disagreed, "Nah, I don't blame her."

I glare at him, wanting to shut him up.

Jake stares at me suspiciously, "Why do you care? Do you like Sena?

I crossed my arms, "What? i don't. She just has bad taste."

Jay laughed, "You're just saying that 'cause he's nothing like you."

His words hit me, it was true. Hakun and I were nothing alike, her taste was the complete opposite of me.

Practice ended and Heeseung climbed up the bleachers, high fiving each of us before chugging down his water. "Jesus, today's practice was intense."

"It's because your playing on the day of the school festival, right?" Jungwon asked.

Heeseung nodded, catching his breath, "Yeah, so we have to practice extra hard."

That meant, on the school festival, Sena will probably be watching for Hakun.

I saw Hakun taking his leave, throwing his bag over his shoulder in a cool way. I ran quickly down the bleachers to catch up to him.

"Hey! Hakun." I yelled.

He turned around and looked at me in confusion, "Oh, your Sena's boyfriend."

He really believed that?

What's weirder is, he didn't seem to care. I thought he'd be a little jealous if he was also interested in Sena.

"That was a lie. I only said that because i thought you were some creep hitting on her." I explained, clearing things up.

He laughed, "A creep? Ouch."

"Yeah, anyway. You don't have any feelings for her, do you?" i asked straight forwardly.

He tilted his head and smirked, "Why do you ask?"

I wanted to make that grin of his disappear, "Just answer my question." I said sternly.

He laughed, "Alright, alright. I don't know, we've only had 2 proper conversations. That's it." he paused, "but she's cute."

I clenched my fist as he turned around, still staring at me.