22

"carnival"

There i was, standing in front of the ferris wheel while scrolling through my phone. It's been about 20 minutes since i arrived, meeting time was 5 minutes ago.

ding ding

A notification from Hakun, i quickly open it to see his text.

- yo this is urgent

- i cant make it today

- next time tho sorry man

"Bastard." I murmured before turning my phone off and shoving it into my pocket.

Why am i even doing this? Why am i still trying to make them get together? What will i get out of this and how does this benefit me?

As i thought about it, there was a figure in the distance that caught my eye. She was looking around cluelessly like she was lost. I smiled because of how dumb she looked.

Oh, that's right. I'm doing this because it'll make her happy.

I cupped two of my hands near my mouth to yell clearer, "Sena! Over here!"

She turned her head and saw me then started jogging towards me.

Her skirt was black and flowy and her hair was down for a change, black and silky.

Looking her up and and down, she tilted her head at me.

"You really dressed up for some dumb carnival, huh?" I told her.

"Hey! It's a special day. Do i look bad?" She asked worriedly, pulling her skirt down to see.

I took another scan at her from head to toe, nervously answering, "no. you look pretty."

Her cheeks turned red before lightly punching me, "pfft lies. Anyway. Where is he...?"

Shaking my head and pretending to be bummed, "bad news, he's not coming." I sighed.

"what...? why not?" she frowned

"Something came up, don't be so sad. You can go another time with him." I paused, "let's just have fun tonight, sounds good?"

"ah, sounds great..." She snickered as i took her wrist and led her to some games.

We arrived to a water balloon race game where it required aim skill, i immediately took a seat and challenged her.

"oh you're soooo losing." I stated.

We started going at it and she popped her balloon first, cheering excitedly and rubbing it in my face.

"Take that sucker! Not so mighty and proud this time, huh? Think you're so cool 'cause you beat me in races all the time? Well guess what? I beat you!" She taunted, holding two fists up in the air while spinning in circles.

A soft smile took place on my lips as i watched her dance in victory. Such a minor thing yet she's getting so worked up. I bet she's more proud of beating me than actually winning a prize.

After she calmed down, she received a small plushy keychain and put it on her bag. It bounced every time she took a step.

In the distance, we saw a pie challenge game; the same one from the festival. We both stopped our tracks and looked at one another, shaking our heads and laughing at the memory.

Then we decided to go on rides, we went on the scariest roller coasters.

I'm pretty sure i lost my hearing on my left ear for the rest of the day.