28

"heartbeat"

Sena recalled her dream, then the moments when Niki hugged her.

And even the day he kissed her.

She compared it in her head to the other moments they've hugged, it wasn't the same.

It was more natural before, now why'd she feel afraid when he went to hug her that one time after school?

Was afraid the right word, nervous was more like it. Or maybe flustered??

She'd probably get those same feelings if Hakun did it as well.

After all, she liked Hakun.

But, if there were a time where Hakun and her were in a relationship, the thought of not being able to comfort, or get comfort from Niki as much anymore was too hard to think about.

It made her a bit sad.

She let out a long groan, "why am i feeling this?" She whined, stuffing her face into her hands.

The girl was seated at the living room couch, watching a show with a bowl of popcorn next to her that she eventually forgot about.

It was a Saturday afternoon. The break after a long week was, without a doubt, the best feeling in the world.

Her thoughts made her lose track of the show that she had on, she reached for the remote that was on the coffee table next to her phone.

Right when she had ahold of the remote, her phone chimed.

She let go of the remote and took her phone instead, the remote felt sad for being left behind.

*1 message from Hakun

Hakun

- how you doing?

- i'm bored

im okay -

watching a show but i forgot what its abt 😭 -

- lmaooo

- u planning to watch the game on tuesday?

game? -

- basketball

woah theres a game?? -

- yup i thought niki would tell u by now

he didntttt 🙁🙁 -

- awhh

- well now u know. so u should come :)

ahah i will dw -

umm ttyl im gonna finish my show -

- okay bye :)

——————————

Unlike before, she felt more comfortable while texting him.

Or at least, she wasn't that nervous when his name popped up on her phone. Usually she'd freak out and start blushing, but now she felt like she got used to it.

Maybe that's a good feeling, a step up from before. It probably means she's getting more comfortable with the person she likes.

Or maybe it's the complete opposite.