24

"new jersey"

On the other hand, Sena was soaking her pillows in tears as she kept crying into them.

When she got home, she didn't even bother to change. She just ran into her room, ripped out the small bumblebee plushy that hung from her bag, then dropped her bag on the floor.

"Why would he do that?" She sobbed quietly into her pillow, her voice was muffled.

The scene replayed in her head for the rest of the night, she can't look at him the same anymore. It was too unexpected, she was confused.

She knew it probably didn't mean anything to him since he's known to be a player, but it meant a lot to her.

You don't go around taking girl's first kisses, especially your best friend of 10 years.

Did he do it to mess with her? Did he think she'd laugh and brush it off as if it was normal?

Whats worse is how awkward it'll be tomorrow, it's hard to ignore someone that's in the same room as you for the whole day daily.

Tomorrow is what scared her most.

She gently touched her lips with her fingers before sighing one more time, falling asleep.

.

Sena's eyes were puffy, really puffy.

Paying attention to the teacher was the hardest part, until he called out her name.

"Sena and Niki." Said the teacher while reading off his paper.

"Huh?" She asked, causing everyone to turn their head at her.

"It's your partner for the project, please pay attention. I just went over this." He scolded her.

She looked at Niki who was busy doodling on his paper, she was panicking.

God must've hated Sena's guts.

Her friends who were seated a few desks ahead gave her a confused look, mouthing 'what's wrong?'

She just shook her head to indicate nothing's wrong.

Obviously that was a lie.

How can she face the boy who just stole her first kiss?

"Alright, the assignment starts tomorrow. You can talk to your partner now to get comfortable and just plan things out. It'll be due in about 2 weeks." The teacher said. They both just stayed in their seats for the remaining class time.

Bells ringing meant lunch just started, she sighed and took out her lunch while her friends gathered around her like they usually did.

"Are you okay? Why'd you look so scared? Shouldn't you be relieved, it's niki." Jina asked.

"Yeah and not jay like your last partner project." Micha snorted.

She ignored them all and rested her chin on her hand, then she slowly turned her head to where Niki's area was.

He was chewing and stuffing his face with food quickly as if he was in a hurry or something, a girl stood behind his chair while speaking to Niki's friends.

The girl tapped his shoulder, he didn't look back, instead just nodded. It seemed like he already knew she was there.

When he finished eating his food, he packed up his lunch and stood up.

Then both the girl and Niki exited the class together.

Sena sat there, confused. Even so, she felt herself slightly pouting.

For some reason, Niki looked a bit different to her today. What was so different about him? It didn't look like his appearance was any different than yesterday.

Looking at him just felt different than usual.

"Hey, who was that?" Sena asked curiously.

She turned around and saw her friends with their mouths agape.

"Isn't that Jiwon? The one from a year above?" Garam asked as well.

The two who knew nodded, "Yup. What's he doing with her?"

"Probably another one of his, you know." Micha rolled her eyes with a sneer.

"Pfft, not surprising..." Sena awkwardly laughed.

Doesn't matter to me. It's not like anything's changed just because he kissed me.

.

"A game, already?" Niki asked the girl next to him as they walked down the halls together.

"Yup. You excited?" She smirked playfully.

"Hell yeah."

They entered the gym and gathered around the centre with the rest of the team, Jiwon and the coach stood up front and started an announcement.

"The new jerseys came in so when i call your name, please come up!" She said clearly.

Jiwon was the basketball team's manager, she's nice, pretty and smart. Well known around the school and the team really likes her.

One by one, she gave them the jersey casually. But when she called Niki up, she held the jersey up to him, trying to see what it'd look like on him.

"Suits you." She smiled at him.

He nodded and took the jersey, "thanks."

And when he got to his spot, the jersey-giving came to an end.

"So, i'm sure you guys know already but we're having a game. But what's so special about it is that it's our first game with Niki!" She clapped.

The rest of the team clapped as well while Heeseung squeezed Niki into a hug while lifting him up.

Niki laughed while a little flustered, Jiwon shot a cute smile at him before they began practice.

During practice, Niki had troubles with his ball. He couldn't dribble quickly and he noticed it was flat.

"Hey coach, my basketball is flat. Could i get another one?" He asked while holding up the ball.

"Yeah go ahead. Just head into the gym equipment back-room, Jiwon might be there."

Niki nodded and jogged to the room, opening the door but stopping himself abruptly from taking another step into the room.

There was a banner she had laid out on the floor, she was painting it as well.

"Oh hey, Niki. You need anything?" She looked up, pausing her process.

"Um, yeah. This ball is flat, i need another one." He told her.

She quickly stood up, rubbing her hands together before going to get a new basketball.

He stared at the banner, it gave him nostalgia from his first game.

Looking up and seeing Sena cheer so loudly for him while holding onto the banner she made. It was meant to be made for the whole basketball team, but he felt like it was made just for him.

He didn't realize he was smiling like an idiot to himself.

"Niki? Here, i got you a new ball." She said while trying to snap him out of his thoughts.

"Oh yeah." He muttered, "by the way, keep it up, with the banner." He pointed.

You're doing great." He smiled before leaving.

Jiwon watch as he ran back to the gym and began practicing, she felt a soft smile form onto her face.

"Thank you." She said quietly.

hope ur havin a good day! :)